Saturday, September 5, 2009

It's Fun to Color Outside the Lines!

Today I have a three layer card I made with "Inspiration Mosaic" and "A Year of Flowers". I made this over a month ago, realized I better post these sunny colors before we get too deep into the fall palette! :)
This was very simple to do, I stamped three of my daisy image over the grid stamped in black on Pure Luxury White, then left them white and then colored around them in different shades of orange, green, yellow and aqua, this makes the flowers really pop and creates a very happy background! I love how the grid tricks your eye a bit in separating these different colors and layers. Last I added the two yellows for the centers and added a little bit of C-1 grey to the petals to give them some dimension. Card base is Only Orange (nice color in very SMALL amounts!) and a Summer Sun mat that I edged with a black marker. Offsetting the mat this way is a nice change to always centering it.

15 comments:

  1. thanks for using the Only Orange - not a fav and this is great way to use it! it is neat how this grid will move your focal point around...love this card!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I love that card and it does trick the eye!! Fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous as always Mel!!

    C'mon postal service.... I want my new stamps!!!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is awesome love the colors
    Hugs
    Norine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely. I am the proud owner so I will try this out! I love the mosaic stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  6. *heart* this card. hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty, I like how your layers are offset!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How pretty Melanie! And, so easy. I love those kind of projects. :o)

    Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

    ReplyDelete
  9. great card! i love the colors and how it looks so layered! perfect "mail friendly" card.....we need more of these!
    tfs, sandyh
    sandyha@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing ... I got my mosaic background stamp - now I have to start creating my own amazing cards!
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a great way to make an illusion card - it looks 3d from here! Lol! My stamps arrived this week and I am going to try some of your ideas at last :)

    I do hope you are well, Melanie.
    Hugs XX

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this Melanie and neat way off off setting it...very visually appealing. I'm gonna try this :o)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the tips. I find Only o
    Orange is too bright for me but you made it work!!! ...going to try this technique. BTW I love this stamp.

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)