Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Leaves to Butterflies

I love the caterpillar and its matching quote in"A Year of Leaves", so I wanted to share a simple way you can create a butterfly using just the images in that set! I stamped two of the oak leaves for top wings and two of the rounded leaves for the bottom ones, colored with Koh-i-Noor pencils, then cut out. Then I popped up the little caterpillar in the center where the body would be as if he's just walking across a little pile of leaves. I love the illusion this hidden picture creates, leaves to butterfly and back again. Jute and Pumpkin Spice CS are from the StampTV kit Signs of Autumn, card base is Pure Luxury White and DP is from the Basic Grey Offbeat pack. typically I pair brownas and oranges with ivory to empahsize the earthy yellow under tone, but paired with white like this gives it a very fresh, modern feel.
"School, Sports, Spirit!" blog hop coming up tomorrow night! :)

10 comments:

  1. OMGosh, Melanie...this is so flippin' creative. What a fantastic idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool idea...nice card Melanie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Melanie, this is so creative. It is a very stricking card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful and such a cute idea of how to use this set!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How very clever of you!!! Gorgeous card!! You know, I read that verse to my hubby and he was stumped. LOL MEN!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How creative!! Wow! This is really pretty, I love it. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How COOL!!! So clever, and the card is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mel,
    This is just soo gorgeous! Your so stylish and elegant in your card making.

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love this card Melanie- everything about it is totally right.
    Thank you,
    Trish x

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)