Sunday, September 13, 2009

Polished Stone Mosaic

This shimmery card uses specialty papers and the polished stone technique! Begin with glossy CS, drop dots of metallic and colored ink from reinkers, here Gold Encore and Regal Rose, then take a cotton ball soaked with rubbing alcohol and dab and twist onto the paper to blend the colors together to get this marbling effect, it's like magic watching the paper resist and create beautiful patterns before your eyes. Next I stamped the "Inspiration Mosaic" grid in Black Staz On over it, now it looks like an opulent marble tile floor! The mosaic stamp is just perfect with polished stone, you must try! I reverse masked the boxes and stamped in the "Tropical Silhouettes" flowers, then added the greeting. The silhouettes are stinkign stamped directly onto the polished stone. Last I matted it onto Retro Black Glossy Lustre , Retro Gold Glossy Lustre (the wavy lines on this are really cool with the gold marbling ) and Azalea Metallic CS, all from Paper Temptress. With all the shimmer and texture in the stone pattern you create, you really don't need any embellishments! What an easy card, less than 10 minutes!

Hope you enjoyed this "Mosaic Monday"! How would you like seeing a new mosaic each week? :)

See the Polished Stone technique video here on StampTV.

16 comments:

  1. Your polished stone card is beautiful. I love the gold with the regal rose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful. I enjoy seeing all your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Melanie!
    I would love to see a new one each week...
    Just ordered your year of Leaves and this one will be next!
    I bet doing this in oranges and yellows would lend itself to look like a sunset and then add some of the images from the sets that have beach themed stamps.. you are my sunshine, guiding light or special fathers!
    Thank you for sharing this beautiful technique!
    Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, Melanie...I love it. The colors are wonderful too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous! i have an "inspirational" folder with all of the e-cards i can find using the mosaic stamp....i think it is my favorite! so, YES!....give me more, more, more! lol!
    sandyh
    sandyha@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes - new mosaic each week would be wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you have done it again ... beautiful!
    Sandrai

    ReplyDelete
  8. have to try the polished stone! love how it turned out.
    YES, YES, YES! love seeing new ways to use this stamp!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would love to see Mosaic Monday become a permanent thing! :o) There are so many things possible with this set....great idea Melanie. Hey, we could call it Melanie's Mosaic Monday.

    Beautiful card, love the colors and need to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! This really pops. Love the colors and the design. Just beautiful, Mel!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Melanie, this is so lovely! Polished stone is one of my favorite techniques, and the gold and pink are awesome together. You gave me an idea to do with your Mosaic stamp!! I have to write it down, because I'll forget by the time I can get to my crafting headquarters. :o)

    Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How beautiful...I just learned this technique.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So pretty! I am having a hard time getting a clean image with my mosaic stamp, but I'll keep practicing, so keep the samples coming, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is gorgeous!!! Funny.. I created almost the exact same polished stone BG paper last week while playiong with my AI's and just wasn't sure what I wanted to do with it yet... I might have to cut a piece off and CASE this!! :)
    I plan to use some with the Arranged with love set too... just have to sit down and do it!!
    ..oh and I would LOVE to see a new mosaic every week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. this is scrumptious! I love the different background...very luxurious! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)