Saturday, September 19, 2009

Simple Beauty

With a thick, luxurious piece of Pure Luxury White as your card base, little more is needed to create a special but simple card for a friend. An easy cutaway adds a bit of whimsy. Here I stamped Theresa's mailbox from "Autumn Beauty" on the front of a 4.25" square card, about 2/3 over. I cut straight up and down to the middle of the mailbox image, then around the right side to give the front this interesting edge, gives the illusion that the mailbox on the post is sticking out towards you...

Open the card to reveal her scarecrow and fun greeting! Shirt is paper pieced from plaid DP and overalls from a textured tan CS. Notice how the Copics on the front didn't ruin my white space inside? For card bases, be sure to use BASE WEIGHT Pure Luxury and you can color with Copics inside or out with confidence, the underside will remain pristine, that's a promise! :)

Hope you're having a great weekend!

16 comments:

  1. Lovely card Melanie! Your coloring, as always, is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Melani! Love the mailbox like that and the scarecrow is perfect on the inside. What a delightful card :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the cutaway....very clever! and the paper piecing on the scarecrow is very cute!
    sandyh
    sandyha@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Melanie. Simple and elegant.
    God bless
    Giovana

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW. this is beautiful. I love how you cut out around the flowers and mailbox.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful one-layer card! Great coloring. I'm amazed at how your Copics didn't bleed through!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is beautiful. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cute...love the cutaway mailbox!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is simple beauty. Love how you cut around the images.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the simplicity of this card - the pure white card stock has such wow. The scarecrow is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mel, this is gorgeous! LOVE the way you cut the side!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Simple and elegant - I love all the white - it really looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the cutaway--what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  14. lovely one layer card! and now I'm convinced I need that paper - can see your copics didnt bleed through..I hear Gina say it, but I color so heavily that I just wasnt sure...now will color more on the insides!

    ReplyDelete
  15. very pretty! Thanks for sharing!
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  16. Elegant beauty.
    Your colouring is amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)