Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Stamping All Stars: Dawn Lusk

Something I've been wanting to share on my blog for quite awhile now are talented designers who have worked with my sets in the past. While I usually only have one "official" guest designer each month, someone enormously gifted (you might not be familiar with but SHOULD be IMHO!) who I've seen working with my sets and really deserves a spotlight, I also send a set to a few other friends and designers I admire whose style is a perfect match for the set to really rock the house! :)

When "Arranged with Love" came out, I just had to send a set to Dawn Lusk, fellow Dirty Dozen Alumni peep and fantastic stamper, she had been doing such gorgeous things with "A Year of Flowers"! Here is a new creation with the set from Dawn, her watercoloring is always magical!

I love the beautiful contrasts of the colors she chose and covering the sentiment card with the buttefly to add a smaller tag at the lower left.

Here's a little more about Dawn:


FAVORITE TECHNIQUE: so many! But I’d have to say masking is right at the top of the list

COLORS/COLOR COMBO: LOVE Fall colors!

FAVORITE GINA K SET BY MELAINE: just one?! I guess "Arranged with Love" with her new "A Year of Leaves" close behind!

FAVORITE GINA K SETS (FROM ANY ILLUSTRATOR): Autumn Beauty (there are those Fall colors!) by Theresa Momber

CRAFT SUPPLIES I CAN’T LIVE WITHOUT: Copics, Reinkers, Prismacolor pencils, Spellbinders, Cuttlebug…

I’VE BEEN STAMPING FOR (HOW LONG): about 7 yrs

I GET MY INSPIRATION FROM: a lot just from nature

THE MOST IMPORTANT THINGS I’VE LEARNED ABOUT STAMPING/CARDMAKING ARE: to have fun! Work with images you truly love and it will show in your work!!

SOME OF MY STAMPING/CRAFTING GOALS ARE: #1 fine tune my coloring #2 use more patterned paper and stop hoarding it!!! haha

FAVORITE THING TO MAKE THAT AREN’T CARDS: hmmmm, this could apply to the previous answer too..I need to do more things that AREN’T cards! Lol! I’d say, altering items like clocks, picture frames.

SOME OF MY STAMPING/CRAFTING ACCOMPLISHMENTS: I’ve been published numerous times in Crafts n’Things, had a cover shot on CardMaker and have been in several other magazines as well. I’ve been a designer for Rubbernecker, Cornish Heritage Farms, Artful Inkables, Dirty Dozen on Splitcoast, guest designer for High Hopes, Gina K Designs, Our Daily Bread Designs (currently), freelance for Janlynn (Stamps Happen) and Creative Cuts & More, and am DT coordinator for Mudd Puddles (just getting a team started).


Thanks for sharing, Dawn! You're truly an All Star! Look for more All Stars coming soon! :)

8 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! Love her coloring and the butterfly is perfect. Dawn is certainly and ALL STAR!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow.. the coloring is FABULOUSO!! I love the added butterfly, it just fits so nicely. Dawn is one busy lady and definitely deserves to be in the spotlight!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhh Dawn is sooo incredible!!! I love her style!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melanie - you are right Dawn has talent!
    Beautiful Dawn!
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing Dawn's artwork, It is simply gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)