Saturday, October 17, 2009

Another Hip Quilt

"You've got the cutest little baby face...!"
Here is another simple quilt design using the "Hip to Be Square" set using Basic Grey Lemonade DP. I stamped the frame in Vivid Coffee Bean on this delicate calico striped print, colored the border green, and cut it out along the lines. Normally I crop it a little larger, but this gave me more room to mount it on top of a white scalloped square cut from a Nestabilitie and then onto a 4.25" square plum card base. On the leftover DP I had from the 6x6 sheet, I stamped the square outline from the set 4 times and punched with a 1 1/4" square. Instead of placing these punches inside the panes, I turned them at an angle and mounted them over the crosshairs in the frame, with the points touching the middle, adhering each so that the plum stripe was facing out to make a consistent pattern. Isn't this new quilt block pretty? Last, I put the little baby face in the center (pink cheeks created from the "Inspiration Mosaic" circle, but you could also ink up a pencil eraser for the same effect) and make a bib with the word "baby" and bonnet from scalloped ovals and a circle.

Sweet and simple! Have a great day! Coming up next, Mosaic Monday and another hop the following night, can't wait to share! :)

4 comments:

  1. Awwww... it is a cute baby face!! AND an adorable quilt!! LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is just adorable Mel! Love the dp with this quilt on , gorgeous! I wanna quilt like that, lol! *goes off humming that song now..major tune wedgie..thank you...lol*

    ReplyDelete
  3. That baby is so sweet! Wonderful quilt, colors are pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute! Love the quilt :o)

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)