Sunday, October 25, 2009

Christmas Quilt

Today I have a Christmas quilt I made using "Inspiration Mosaic" and Basic Grey Wassail DP. I stamped it onto four different prints, the "triangle" print is a solid rectangle and my bottom layer, I add a couple rectangles from the other three red, white and green prints on top of this. TIP: When piecing or coloring the grid, I usually start at one corner and work my way around, alternating colors so I don't have three of the same touching at the end. It also looks pleasing to have a color "bounce" from one side of the card to the next, it draws your eye all around the card.


I put two Scalloped Long Rectangle Nestabilities together to frame the mat. Card base is Pure Luxury Soft Sand. I love a neutral like this light tan with white and red or cranberry for the holidays, gives it such a folk art feel, perfect with the quilt theme! I added a few white sateen flowers and colored the adhesive nail heads with a Cardinal Copic for the Centers. Greeting from "Say it with Flowers" (yes, there's a holiday greeting in that set!) is stamped in Memento Rhubarb.
Have a beautiful day, sneak peeks tomorrow night!

9 comments:

  1. Ohhhh how pretty!!! I MUST show this to my mom who makes quilts and is ALWAYS looking to stamp quilt design cards!!! Great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very pretty! Love this quilt look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melanie, that is so beautiful. Stunning, actually! The colors and the design and the mixture of papers is wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow these are stunning the frame is so versitile will be great for my cards as well as scrapbooking and use on gift boxes!
    Thanks for the inspiration cant wait to get my hands on this!
    judex

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Wassail line from Basic Grey is my favorite and you have showcased to the max using your Inspiration Mosaic stamp. Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)