Thursday, October 15, 2009

Guest Designer Karen Knegten


Today I have a project for you from Karen Knegten, my guest designer for "Hip to Be Square" this month. Hopefully you caught all Karen's inspiration( from the "pretty" to "pretty hilarious!!":) in our hop this past week, today she is sharing a sample using "Hip..." and the "Cuddles and Hugs" animals on a "Z card", named because of the fold if you look at this side view. The square grid collage is perfect for this little "flip" open card. And this is how it opens...
This set and frame is perfect to use with a set of images that go together, just stamp the different images into the boxes and add the greeting of your choice to the 4th pane for a perfecly coordinated layout!

Here is a little more about Karen:
FAVORITE TECHNIQUE: Wow- I wish I could say I have a favorite, but I really like learning and trying new ones. I love watching video tutorials.

COLORS/COLOR COMBO: I'd have to say earth tones.

FAVORITE GINA K SET BY MELANIE: Hmm, let's see- love Wee Tees, Inspiration Mosaic, and now Hip to Be Square too.

FAVORITE GINA K SETS (FROM ANY ILLUSTRATOR) Theresa's Autumn Beauty- since I love Fall.

CRAFT SUPPLIES I CAN’T LIVE WITHOUT: Stamps, of course. Inks,daubers, and Cuttlebug embossing folders and Nesties.

I’VE BEEN STAMPING FOR (HOW LONG): I have only been stamping for about 1 1/2 years, and started making cards 3 years ago.

I GET MY INSPIRATION FROM: So many talented people on Stamp TV.

THE MOST IMPORTANT THINGS I’VE LEARNED ABOUT STAMPING/CARDMAKING ARE: It is the only hobby I haven't tired of. I tried many over the years, but got bored with all the others.

SOME OF MY STAMPING/CRAFTING GOALS ARE: Not quite sure what is all involved for being a Design Team member. but I'd like to find out.

FAVORITE THING TO MAKE THAT AREN’T CARDS: Small gift boxes

SOME OF MY STAMPING/CRAFTING ACCOMPLISHMENTS: Being asked by Theresa to be her Guest Designer last month and for Melanie this month.
Now let's go see another project of Karen's! :)

8 comments:

  1. Love it!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card, Karen! And well deserved appearance as a guest designer. Love your work! Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fantastic card. The coloring is great. Karen is a fabulous designer and I'm so happy to see she is your guest designer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute. Great way to use this stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous! Love the unusal folds you have used, great colours and images!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to go, Karen! This is such a cute card, and I was so surprised to read that you haven't been stamping very long. Your work is always stellar!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card rocks! Her coloring is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)