Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Sneak Peek: First Christmas and Vintage Borders

First preview today uses Asela's "First Christmas" and I just think her holiday images in this set were made to go with "Festive Frame" , I have already made cards using every image in the set and I can't wait to share them all! I think this teddy all by itself is so sweet, so I popped him up in the center of the oval (don't even need a greeting, what else is there to say but, "Awwwww!") To give the frame a more homespun feel and go along with the stuffed toy theme, I attached buttons from the Gina K Autumn Assortment with glue dots to the corners and drew some faux stitches over the holes with the Inkssentials White Opaque pen. Base is Pure Luxury Good as Gold.

I also love Nina's newest set, "Vintage Borders"! It will see a lot of use on my stamping table all year, I know. One great way is to take favorite ribbons (here Pure luxury white gold line organdy ) from "Wow!" to "WOWZERS!" by stamping these borders on one or both sides for a really pumped up effect! I stamped this same border inside my card and then stamped a different one to the envelope flap. (Don't forget to decorate that envelope when you have the time, it's like the gift wrap for your card!) ;)

I stamped the Bible verse in the set on the Labels Nine die, then I added another border above and below it, isn't that pretty how it fills out the space? I went a little crazy with the adhesive pearls LOL! but I couldn't help blinging up the centers of the scallops (there is a circle in the middle of each to guide your positioning of them) and on the flourishes around the verse. Cardstock is Pure Luxury White, Kraft, All Spruced Up and punched flourishes are Good as Gold.

I also wanted to share a more whimsical card created with the same set using different borders, these little ornaments (stamped three times across to span the card) are adorable. Although they are tiny, it didn't take long to color them a with a few bright, holiday colors. I adhered a ribbon border above it for them to "hang" from, and then punched out the word "peace" from the set with a 1 3/4"circle from Pure Luxury Vibrant Violet CS. I popped this up and doodled the topper and dashed line to match the border (you can do this!) Since this card is 4.25", it will still fit in an A2 sized envelope with this big bow at the top (attached with a glue dot)
Tip: although the details are very small on the ornaments, you can can color them solid and go back and add dots to them with a White Inkssentials ink pen, this was the inspiration for adding the dotted ribbon!

For even more inspiration, please visit the Illustrators of the stamp sets featured tonight:


Tonight, we have several of our Center Stage Spotlight Designers joining in the previews. Here are their blog links:


Finally, stop by these GinaK Designers' blog for even more projects with tonight's stamp sets:

Our Release party will be held Thursday night over on SCS in GinaK's Forum from 7-10 pm CST. We'd love to have you join in the fun! There will be contest questions, challenges, chatter, and lots more samples from our designers throughout the party! See you then!

25 comments:

  1. Pretty cards! i LOVE that bear---he is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhhhhhh perfect frame for the bear!!! And the green card is so rich looking. Love the ornaments too... cute cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cards!!! That bear is just too cute! Fabulous with your frame!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melanie, Gorgeous cards! The bear is perfect for your frame!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards! That bear is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Bear in the frame is perfect . I also love the way you did the ornaments!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have created the most colorful grouping of ornaments I've ever seen -- beautiful!! I was so excited to see that I was the winner of your Festive Frame set from Gina. Can't wait to get my hands (and some ink) on it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card Melanie! I love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  9. awwwwwwww he IS so cute like that, you're right! wow, going to NEED these sets! love your cards ...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Melanie...I don't know how you do it, but you have such a way with colors, perspective and ratios. You blow me away every time! Just gorgeous! And First Christmas looks sooo good with your frames! Awesome job!
    ~ky

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohhh how cute is that framed teddy bear!! I love the color of those poinsettias with it!!!! And the blingy card.......OHHHH the blingy card is awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your cards are beautiful, as usual, Melanie. That framed teddy is just perfect and the ornament is just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Perfect fit for your beautiful frame! Your coloring is perfect!!Gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh so awesome Mel! I really love that bear in the oval frame of yous, awesome! and that green and soft sand card, wowza, love that! Now I need the labels nine nesties, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your cards are so beautiful, Melanie! I love the sweet bear paired with Festive Frame! Wonderful designs with Vintage Borders! Great previews!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love, love the Bear with the Festive Frame! Your cards as usual are just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, Melanie...what fantastic projects. Look at all the various color in your ornaments project!!! FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my, are those pretty! I love all the little details you add, they make your cards outstanding.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Melanie...you make the most wonderful cards!! You are an inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Melanie...wonderful how you framed the bear in Festive Frame! Of course your coloring is always beautiful! Very pretty and creative project! ;D Diana

    ReplyDelete
  21. So much gorgeousness it's hard to know where to start! Of course, I love that framed bear! I really LOVE the unexpected pop of purple on your ornament card! The green one is so very elegant! Obviously, love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Perfection... simply perfection, Melanie! I'd love to sit and color with you sometime - you are an awesome Copic artist, my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. BE-utiful! What a beautiful way to combine both stamp sets! So festive!

    ReplyDelete
  24. awesome cards; LOVE the multi-colored ornaments!!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)