Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Sneak Peek: Free with Three "Signed with Love" and "Winter Friends"

Thanks for joining me for our last day of previews before the party! :)

It's really important to have something to leave your mark on creations you've labored over with such care: Gina's new "Signed with Love" fills the bill! ( as well as making adorable gift tags, etc) Here are four cards from this release I've stamped the back of with just a few of the options in the set. Aren't these elegant? (and so professional-looking?!) I'm sharing these specific ones today because I used all four of these stamps on ... ... a scrapbook page!! (from me, are you surprised??) When I first saw the new set, I saw enormous scrapbook potential in the words and borders she chose as little tags and titles. This is an 8x8 page (In the Navy base) featuring my son William's preschool pic, also using buttons and cardstock from the Gina K Pure Luxury Collection. The red buttons are fun because of the little buttons on his shirt and the ribbing on the Rocket Red CS is a nice match, too. Two tags and the triangles at the corners are the new Caramel Leather CS, which looks a lot like the tags on little boys' jeans. :)
In a closeup below, you can see this "Created by God" tag. I inked up just one of the round borders and stamped (refer to the top pic to see each of these images in their entirety), so I could make my own custom center, first inking up the "Created by" from the set and then adding "God" from my "The Best Things in Life" set. You could also write in your own names, dates inside these etc...

Next I used this beautiful oval "original" stamp, one of my favorites in the set, omitting the "handmade" and Gina K copyright (sorry Gina, LOL!) for a title tag, and finally inked up the just box border and lines for my white name tag (omitting the "created with love "and copyright) and wrote in his name and date ("date" was already there for me, that part was perfect!) :) I jut love being able to use the parts of my stamps for other things I need this way!

The journalling lines you see stamped on the new Pure Luxury Kraft are from the "Special Delivery Addition" set by Tami Mayberry.

This next card uses Rupa's new "Winter Friends", this set is too sweet for words! I used two little penguin images, the candy cane pole that one is holding is so fun for stamping some of the included greetings on the sign. Pure Luxury White card base is 4.25" square, with a 4 inch mat of the new Pure Luxury Silver Lining Cardstock! Isn't that beautiful? You will love dry embossing this paper, here I used the Cuttlebug Snowflake folder and die cut a circle out of the middle to frame one of the penguins. Images are colored with Copics, I used BV31 Pale Lavender instead of gray to add shade this to match the purple tone of my Vibrant Violet scalloped frame. Last I adhered the skating penguin with some pop dots and punched oval like a little patch of ice and some Rocket Red punched corners above and below. So fun for a child's holiday card!

We have a couple of our Center Stage Spotlight Designers joining in the previews tonight. Here are their blog links:


Then, stop by these GinaK Designers' blog for even more projects with tonight's stamp sets:

Our Release party will be held tomorrow night (Thursday!) over on SCS in GinaK's Forum from 7-10 pm CST. We'd love to have you join in the fun! There will be contest questions, challenges, chatter, and lots more samples from our designers throughout the party! See you then!

21 comments:

  1. Very cute card and wonderful scrapbook page. I love your new stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. TOTALLY precious page---what a fabulous picture of William!

    Love your wonderful card too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card and your page is awesome!!
    TFS
    God bless

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhhh that's my favorite little Texas lamb!!! What an adorable page and that card is just cute cute cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous page showcasing your cute son. The penguin card is super cute too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful scrapbook page Melanie and your skating penguins are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous work! Love your layout and the penguins rock!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Melanie, The page is adorable and I love the penguin card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful way to used the "created by God" stamp. You son is so cute (he probably would say handsome)! The little penguins are so cute and you have just made them come alive!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like the crisp look of your scrap page. He's a cutie, too! The silver backing on the penguin card really adds a "cool" feel to this card...what fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That scrapbook layout is precious and a great use of Signed with Love. And your Winter Friends is so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohhh so loving that page, so awesome and what a wonderful picture of William, I dont remember my school pics being that good, lol! LOVE the penguin card, the silver embossed bg is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super duper adorable. You always make the cutest things. Your scrapbook page is awesomely sweet and the way you shaded your penguins is nothing short of FANTASTIC!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome page, Melanie! And your penquin card is too cute! Great previews!

    ReplyDelete
  15. adorable page - love how you used the *created by God* - how perfect is that?1?!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So much talent. I love the card and everything you do. Nuff said.

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW! I am impressed with the scrapbook page - what a great idea to use the set for it! love your 'cool' card with the penguins, too cute

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your scrapbook page is wonderful! I love how you used the stamps from "Signed with Love" on the page. What great ideas! Your penguin card is super cute! I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)