Sunday, October 4, 2009

Trimmed Mosaic

Today's card uses the circles from "Hip to be Square" as ornaments with the "Inspiration Mosaic" as a backdrop. The grid and red ornaments are stamped on Basic Grey Junebug, then cut out and popped up. (Edited to add: Someone was kind enough to point out I linked the wrong paper when I first posted, my mistake, it has been corrected. This person did not leave their name for me to thank them.) This pack has a great mix of traditional and trendy holiday prints, and it is really fun mixing the styles (brocade, polka dots and graphic!) together. The little row of circles trim from the Mosaic set is a perfect match for this background print so I stamped it vertically from the tops of three boxes to hang my ornaments. I love using dotted lines instead of always straight for hanging ornaments on cards, it's little fancier, like a ball chain. Isn't the snowman one fun?
Mat and base are Pure Luxury All Spruced Up and White. Grid and ornaments were stamped in green to match the mat, isn't that a nice alternative to stamping in black for a Christmas card? (You will love this new green from Gina K! Green is like a neutral for me and one this deep and rich can add all the drama that black does on your cards) ) Here in the closeup you can see the face and hanger have shine and dimension, I traced over each of hese element with the Sakura Glaze Pen, it goes quickly and dries fast, an easy and inexpensive way to add "Wow!" Because it's clear you don't have to worry about getting your tracing exact over the stamped image. ;) Stitched ribbons are from the new StampTV Holiday Cheer kit. TIP: I inked up the carrot in Vivid Butterscotch and then ran a rust colord marker along the bottom edge before stamping to give it the shadowing.

Hope you enjoyed this card and Mosaic Monday! :) This card just makes me happy and ready to decorate the house! (but first we need to tackle Halloween LOL! how about a pumpkin card next?)

4 comments:

  1. love this card its just adorable love the 3d on the snowman face very cute
    Hugs
    Norine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neat card! Yes, we do need to do Halloween now-my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed it - and I am enjoying me new mosaic stamp too!
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)