Friday, October 9, 2009

Winter Window!

The "Hip to Be Square" frame makes the perfect four-paned window for all your scene stamps; it is easy to create a cozy, Christmas scene combining it with Theresa's newest set, see how:

1. Stamp the grid onto scratch paper and cut into the center, removing the middle of it (four squares), up to the inside border. Save the outside which is a reverse mask.

2. Stamp grid onto Pure Luxury White. Place your reverse mask over it, lining up the edges to reveal only the four squares inside. Stamp the tree from "A Very Merry Christmas" on the left. Mask the tree (with a tree you've already stamped onto scratch paper and cut out) and stamp the fireplace and door to right of the tree. Clean stamp and ink up just the window, stamping this to the left of the tree. Remove both masks and color as desired.

Although it's a little hard to see in the pic, the Soft Sand base has been scored with a brick pattern to look like you are outside a house looking in. One small detail I like about this card: the window inside the room is colored deep blue and dotted with the Inkssentials white pen to look like a falling snow outside, which is what the viewer (you!) must also be experiencing out front! :)

I hope you'll try creating some window scenes like these, it's fun to "peek" in or out on your cards!

10 comments:

  1. Melanie, This card is Beautiful!
    Thank you for sharing your incrediable artwork with us!
    This really does have me living in that room and thinking of Christmas past! Although it never snowed were we lived, as a kid I always hoped that it would! So instead I would pray for rain! It was a close as we were going to get!LOL
    Have a Blessed weekend,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melanie, what a beautiful card you have created! I love the vintage feel of it and your colors are just perfect. Great job!

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! I just love Theresa's fireplace. I can't believe my desire to create Christmas cards this year. Usually I'm scrambling to get it together in late November! LOL! Thanks to all of you at Stamp TV for my early start!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful. I want to go there to celebrate Christmas. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Melanie, your card is absolutely gorgeous! I just got my order in from Gina K. and I just can't wait to ink up your new set!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Most Beautious!!!! Love all the detail!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! So warm and inviting. Love your coloring!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)