Sunday, January 17, 2010

Mosaic Monday: Chic, PINK Inspiration!

Today's card was inspired by a little thumbnail in an email I received (advertising trendy artwork for sale), of a poster hanging in a beautiful modern bedroom with a gorgeous black bedframe, piled high with back and white floral printed pillows and HOT pink sheets, all of this against a crisp white wall. Well, I could see this card in my head immediately!
Simply stamp the "Inspiration Mosaic" grid onto Pure Luxury White and the new Passionate Pink CS, then cut out two of the sections from the pink to lay over the white. Before adhering these pieces, use Post-it notes to mask off two sections of the grid and stamp the flower from "Square Pegs" into the panes to make this black and white pattern. I am SO excited about this new flower image to make my own pretty, funky floral backgrounds in any colors I want! Stamp this again and punch out the Extra Jumbo flower punch from Marvy and layer onto a Super Jumbo flower punched from Black Onyx. I colored in one small section with a Black Copic but wanted to leave plenty of white space so left the other panes as is. Add the greeting and row of dots to the corner, run a black marker around the edge of your white mat to give it a border, and then layer onto a Passionate Pink base. Don't these colors just sizzle???

Tomorrow night we have a blog hop for my "Sqaure Pegs" set! See you soon!

6 comments:

  1. I love how this mosaic background is so versatile - seems like almost unlimited possibilities, and this card shows it perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool card. It's trendy, fun, a bit funky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great take on the inspiration, Mel. Very nicely done. Wish my bedroom looked like that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK Melanie...I am so kicking myself that I didn't order this set last week...UGH...I am loving everything I am seeing here on your blog and the fabulous creations for my sketch challenge over on STV... The inspiration for this is so cool, love your design. Uber cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Watch for a CASE, I love this card, WOW!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)