Sunday, June 13, 2010

Red Velvet

Here is a photo Mom passed along to me this past week, she thought you readers might get a kick out of seeing me decorate one of my first cakes, about 30 years before I discovered stamping! What concentration, this is serious business! (I know I still probably furrow my brow the same way!) Lots of other memories in this 70's kitchen, I spy my Little Professor calculator on the table, an owl cookie jar that would now be considered "retro", and just the corner of my favorite red bell bottoms... :)
Well, I just can't bring myself to post anything else right now for two reasons: one, we have a design team hop tomorrow and I've made some things for it but can't decide which to use, and two, there is a pub call finishing up tomorrow which I am considering the same cards for (and tyring to get a couple other things made, none of which I can show)!* Not a huge dilemma but I just can't decide! So stick with me one more day, there WILL be a new card here tomorrow night!!

Hope you are having a wonderful weekend!

*Actually there's third reason, I am also working on some new sets!

12 comments:

  1. What a cute picture Melanie. I bet that cake was delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute, cute picture Melanie! Hope you get lots of creative time.... :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a precious picture! Now, we know that you have been creative since you were a young girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE Red Velvet Cake - it's my favorite. Your photo is adorable and speaks volumes of your desire to get it right. Too cute.

    Can't wait to see what you'll be posting.

    Have a fun day, Mel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darling picture. You probably had no idea what you looked like at the time since you seem oblivious to the camera. My daughter would have been mugging :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable pic - THANKS for sharing! I think I had that same calculator! lol

    I like decorating cakes too - though I'm certainly not a professional!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome pic, Melanie! I love "older" looking pics and that one is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really cute photo Melanie! What total concentration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderfully fun and nostalgic photo to share. Such concentration! =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a grat picture -- thanks for sharing! Red Velvet Cake was my Mom's speciality -- Her family always requested that she bring one when we got together for Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are just too cute with that furrowed brow! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. haha, you still make that look!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)