Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Week 2 with Janice

I just love how Janice went in another direction with "Candles on Your Cake" this week, inspiring us with an ultra vintage look! Start with any vintage patterned paper that speaks to you and make your cake in colors to match! (Those amazing rolled fondant cakes you see show a cake can be ANY color!) After dotting the polka dots onto the navy stamped cake with a white pen, she added some purple clusters of flowers from Theresa's "Hope Grows", embellished it with some pearls, and then made this beautiful arrangement of leaves underneath the platter, do you recognize those? They are from "A Year of Flowers"! :) I really like how she put the cake right onto the patterned paper o we can see all that beautiful pattern, since it already a collage of different images we don't need to separate it with a die cut. Totally blends in, awesome design!

Now, if you've checked Janice's blog or read her answers to my questions carefully last week, you might have noticed something I did when I chose her as my guest designer, because she brings a little something extra to the table that was perfect for this cake set: she creates amazing custom cakes! So I knew creating with these stamps for her should be, of course, a piece of cake, hee hee! I will be sharing photos of some real cakes that she has decorated along with cards I make inspired by her cakes, I challenge you to play along, first one up tomorrow!

Now let's go see her second sample for today! :)

4 comments:

  1. Janice is really an amazing designer. This rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janice's card is gorgeous! I love the way the cake is decorated! Perfect with the vintage-style DP!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this is amazing. Can't wait to see her other creations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this card...and the decorated cake on the vintage paper!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)