Monday, June 21, 2010

Weekend!

Whew, what a busy weekend! It was packed with sports , movies, and parties (fun!), with a migraine thrown in (not so fun! help, still hurting!!)
Jonathan has his first swim meet of the season and I knew taking him to the pool TWICE a day the past week should have him ready for peak performance! Here he is in the 25 m freestyle.
And here he is finishing WAY ahead of the competition, woo hoo!

Out of the pool with a big old smile on his face as the others come in! He has finished first before, but with so many heats of the events he's signed up for, he hasn't ever gotten a first place ribbon; well he DID this time, and took 4 seconds off his time from last summer, way to go Jonathan!! He can't wait to get his ribbon today at practice. (I think he will be getting some for his breast stroke and relay, too, but I wasn't able to find out before the meet end how he finished up on those after all the other heats in those)

And here are my three boys mugging for the camera on Father's Day! Hope you and yours had a wonderful holiday weekend! :)
Off to pound some more Advil, I still haven't had a chance to finish my cards I made with my dress, but we DO have a Gina K hop tonight at 10, so stay tuned!

8 comments:

  1. Great pics, and congrats to your little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulation to Jonathan.....how awesome is that.....love your sun dress idea will have to try that....I too had a migraine this weekend....even the BC powders didn't work.....hope you get to feel better soon...

    ReplyDelete
  3. hope you're feeling better!
    love the swim meet photos and your guys are all lookin so happy!
    now that's a joy isnt it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WAY TO GO JOHNATHAN!! One of my girls competed in swimming - so I know how much fun these meets can be - and how many calories all that swimming takes!! I'm sure all that sun did not help your headache - will be praying it goes away soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yea, Jonathan! Great pic of the 3 boys! Hope that migraine is finally gone!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great smile time three! Ah, the smell of a pool really relays the feeling that summer has come! Way to go Jonathan, I hope this is the 1st of many ribbons/trophies to come this summer! And for you Mel...away with the migraines!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Quick relief for migraines-sounds weird but it works! Try rubbing Viks Vaporub on your temples and the back of your neck and place a cool, damp cloth on both spots. Lie down for 15 mins in a dark room--that should help

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun!!! Jonathan did just awesome!!! And look at those 3....toooooo stinkin' cute!!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)