Thursday, August 5, 2010

Blast from the Past Day 5

Day 5 of Blast from the Past! I hope you've gotten lot of new ideas for your favorite sets from our team this week as well as adding some new (well, new to you anyway!) sets to your wish list! :) Tonight I am getting Gina's "You Know You're Old When... " set inked up for the first time, I finally got it recently! This woman in the car cracks me up, and unfortunately, my friends and I are experiencing her problem all too often lately! (The punchline inside is "...when getting lucky means you found your car in the parking lot."LOL!) I found a sheet of DP in October Afternoon Boyfriend pack, that I thought with these arrows going every which way was too perfect!! I used this palette to choose my Copics for coloring. Then I punched out some circles to go over the dots spotlighting some of her possible locations (hee! this looks my path to find mine somedays, thank heavens for a panic button on my remote!) Cardstock is Tempting Turquoise, Black Onyx and White. I know this silly set will help me not take things so seriously sometimes...stamping should be fun!! :)

I also decided to use Tami's "Special Delivery" and "Special Delivery Additions" tonight to make a card for my husband, our anniversary is coming up and I wanted to create something reminding him of a special trip we took to the beach. The big postage block in the "Additions" set is fun to add different images to, I chose to use the small images from Theresa's new "Aloha" set. Instead of having to mask these scenes in, I colored the bold shadow stamp rectangle (which is used to fill in these boxes) that comes in Tami's set, making quick stripes with Memento Markers to make the different sunsets and kissed the little tropical images onto the rubber in black before stamping. Aren't these cute? Be sure to clean the stamp each time before inking you and adding your next little vignette!
I sponged the white layer with the postmark (from "Special Delivery") and journalling lines with Ranger Vintage Photo Distress ink, love the nostalgia and aging this pad adds! This would make a great layout for a larger scrapbook vacation page if you added a couple photos to it! Card base is Black Onyx.

For even more samples of some of our favorite 'Blast from the Past' GinaK Designs stamp sets, check out these participating designer's blogs:


And how about a coupon??? Is Gina the most generous stamping supplier ever?? Better go fill up those carts, stuff is going to be flying off the shelves tonight! :) Be sure to go check out our Blast from the Past Challenges and Questions in the StampTV forum this weekend! :)

8 comments:

  1. Oh gosh how cuuuute! I have GOT to add that old lady stamp set to my collection!! LOL And what a fabulous design mixing the stamp sets with Tami's postage design! I love that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. absolutely wonderful - I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, these are so cute! There are so many CUTE stamp sets that I do not have yet - I need a second job or to win a lot more challenges. I already used the coupon to order Year of Leaves and some other misc. must haves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is happening to me more and more, too. Then we just bought a silver camry. What was I thinking? Half the cars in the parking lot are silver sedans. I have to use my clicker to zero in on it. Just listen for the beep is my new game plan. Super cute card and that Special Delivery card is stunning!!! Love how you used the tiny images from Aloha. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great cards...the fun design of the first one and the vintage look of the second make this such an enjoyable post to view. Awesome job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great cards, Melanie! The first, has the best dp and colors. Your second card is absolutely gorgeous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the set "you know you're old when" what whoot!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)