Sunday, August 22, 2010

Sneak Peek Day 1: Wild at Heart, Fanciful Tags, and Grand Damask

Welcome to our first night of Gina K Designs Sneak Peeks! First set we are peeking is my "Wild at Heart", a new frame set with greetings that is sure to inspire! Symbolizing beauty and freedom, wild flowers have always captivated me. Planted by the wind and often growing in difficult, unlikely places, they are as lovely to me as ones that are cultivated. Whether they are weeds or flowers is in the eye of the the beholder! My mother had a little framed flower in our home when I was younger with the sentiment "Bloom where you're planted" (which I've included in this set) which reminded me growing up to do your best with what you have where you have it. I think these flowers and sentiments are perfect for creating cards for friends and loved ones to wish them a lovely day or to give them strength in hard times. The bold background lends itself to countless techniques, new and old, and will have you reaching for some products I'm sure you have but may not have played with in awhile!
This first sample was created with a brayer and a spectrum pad, I'd been waiting months to try one of those spectrums out with this stamp! Simply ink up your rubber brayer on the spectrum pad then roll over the frame til you've inked the entire image, and stamp! I love the beautiful blended look this creates and how the white flowers and stems pop out! If you don't have a spectrum pad, you can roll your brayer over a couple different pads to create a two tone look or use your sponges to daub on whatever colors you choose in the areas you want. Cardstock is Grass Green and White.

This next card I took advantage of how the vines split the frame into different sections like panes of glass, so I created a stained glass effect by coloring the different sections with markers.

Although it is difficult to see on the red rubber because I chose warm tones, this is a completely inked up stamp after coloring with my Memento Markers, it goes faster than coloring paper because the ink just glides over the rubber, you can go quickly without having to worry about going outside the lines, you just stop when you hit the edge LOL! Hopefully you can can see the dark and light areas, I hopped around so that the the same colors would not be touching each other, with Memento Angel Pink, Potters Clay, Canteloupe, and Rhubarb Stalk on the background, and Lilac Posies for the flowers.
I went over the border too before stamping with a black marker before stamping to make it pop. I added some yellow and orange Doodlebug glitter tothe centers. I'm in love with this look!

Just like in "Inspiration Mosaic", there are "open" areas in the pattern which are natural places to add a greeting to I've done in the sample above, but you can layer a sentiment or image over the flowers as well. Cardstock is Sweet Corn and Black Onyx.



Here I made a quick gift set of cards in different colors, these were SO quick and simple to make!
I stamped the frame directly onto Pure Luxury White in different colors and placing a small square of white onto the middle of the stamped off frame before cleaning it to get the lighter shade. Then mat it with a coordinating color, add your greeting and line it up over the frame to match up the flower images. Easy peasy!

I purposely kept today's cards simple and only used this set in creating them and used almost no embellishments and very few layers to show how few supplies you need to create something gorgeous with this set, but I've made about 20 cards with it so far and haven't done the same technique twice! I really look forward to sharing how you can use your other stamp with "Wild at Heart" and go deeper into techniques after the release (kissing, anyone?), it is so versatile! :) To read more about how I came up with this set, read this post.


This next peek uses Nina's "Fanciful Tags", a set of three images to fit the Fancy Tags Nestabilities Dies, plus oodles of sentiments to fit in each. This is a wonderful stand alone set that you can use to create a greeting tag for any other stamps you have, the classic fonts will match everything. Below I used the "Just Because" over my "Wild at Heart" frame, this time I traced over just the border, flowers and stems with Memento Markers , spritzed with water and then stamped to create a water colored effect. Cardstock is Pure Luxury White, Pumpkin Spice and Chocolate Brown, ribbon is Stitched Last, we have Nina's"Grand Damask", which is a wonderful stand alone set as well, with flourishes and a large design element that will make all your cards look extra fancy inside and out. I have been waiting for a great flourish set from Gina K Designs, and this really fills that need! Here I used Pure Luxury Black Onyx and Ivory, stamping the damask and a single flourish in Memento Tuxedo Black ink.

I stamped the rectangle border and greeting from "Fanciful Tags" onto Ivory and trimmed it out to layer the Black Onyx Fancy Tag die cut. I used a border punch for the side and embellished it with just a few adhesive pearls.


So elegant!


For more samples with the stamp sets being previewed tonight, please check out these participating designer's links:



You are invited to join us for our Release party this Thursday night, August 26 from 7-10 central time for contest questions, challenges, and chatter along with tons more samples! The party leads up to the new products featured this week on our blogs being available for purchase online through GinaK Designs at 10 pm. We hope you'll make plans now to be able to join us in all the fun! More peeks tomorrow, thank you for visiting!

31 comments:

  1. WOW...all of these projects are extraordinary. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME cards girlie!!! love the spectrum colored bg!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGOSH Mel!!!! What amazing multi colored wildflower panels!!!!! Have I mentioned just how much I ADORE these wildflowers??!! And gorgeous Damask design too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your new set is amazing! Stunning cards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow...is right..these are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my word!!! They're gorgeous!!! Every single one of them. Hard to pick a favorite. Love all the different techniques.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG I must have them all! Beautifully done!

    HUGS!
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  8. Melanie - this stamp is BEAUTIFUL!
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Such fabulous samples! I love all the different techniques you can do with this gorgeous new set!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your set of cards really show off your stamp set. Very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This set looks like another winner Melanie! Your cards are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The 'watercolored effect' image is my favorite and I appreciate your idea of using sections in the Wild at Heart as different colored units, something I would never have thought of otherwise. Beautiful cards, all. TFS your great talent.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You really outdid yourself! I love the wildflower look!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, I'm just "wild" about the stain glass card!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW!! Your stamps are fantastic and your techniques with the background stamp are amazing.. Love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow... what gorgeous work you do, simply amazing!

    Thank you so much for sharing!!!

    ~Ola
    okj83 at live dot com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Amazing! You have been stamping up a storm. Love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful! I love them! These wildflowers are so beautiful, you never cease to amaze me!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Melanie, Fabulous cards! I love the stained glass look and all of the multi colored cards! Another must have set!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your cards are all absolutely gorgeous, Melanie! I love all the different looks you gave your wonderfully inspired new set! Beautiful colors and details!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wowza Mel! I KNEW you would show off this stamp to its fullest!! I am loving the one with the spectrum pad, need one now, haha! Love the coloring on the stamp with markers too...and the damask design rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  22. WOW Melanie! So many fun colors - wonderful projects.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I couldn't wait to see what you would do with your set. Love the new addition to your wonderful flower stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow what a great selection of card designs and most of them so easy to do, but with a very rich look.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love your new wildflower stamp -- and your tip to only apply the markers to the part of the stamp and spritz. Great watercolor look.

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a beautiful grouping of cards with your stamp set, Melanie!! I just love all those colors you've used! My favorite idea is the panels - I never would have thought of that!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wild at Heart - WOW - love these cards and the brayering. Haven't done that in a while, and I've always loved the effect of white flowers on this technique. Time to dig out the spectrum pads.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Mel, your new set is fabulous (and so are all your samples)! Your first card is exactly what first came to mind for this background, but I never would have thought to make the different panels of color -- that is a stunning effect!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow...I just LOVE the beautiful backgrounds you've created with your amazing image!! Gorgeousness!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I am loving each and every one of these beautiful creations. What inspiration! Thanks to all.

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)