Saturday, April 30, 2011

Warming up to a new friend

Here is the first card I made with "Branching Out" kind of a "warm-up" card. Unless I have a very specific idea I want to do immediately for a set (and I often DO since I design these sets months ahead of time and just dream about what I can make when I get the rubber in my hot little hands!), I'll instead do a test run in some colors that are comfortable to me and a simple layout just for the sake of getting it inked the first time. I knew I'd like how these branches and flowers would look in aqua and brown, one of my favorites color schemes. These cards almost always are something I'm happy with, but not necessarily something I'd try to "wow" you with at the party or in a sneak peek! ;)

Frame is die cut with a scalloped circle Nestabilities and layered over a standard die cut circle. I used a touch of Liquid Pearls in the center of each flower and added an adhesive pearl to the Chocolate Brown punched Fancy Corner. Base is Ocean Mist and ribbon is also Pure Luxury. Greeting is from "Garden Silhouettes".

Thanks again for visiting! :)

7 comments:

  1. Even if you weren't trying, you wowed me! :) Love this design, and the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THAT is a beauty. I do like your choice of colors. I soooooooo enjoy seeing/drooling over you cards and your stamp set. You are a veeerrrrrrrrryyyyy talented lady and I soooooooo appreciate your sharing it with us.
    Jean McGee

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite color combo too...so, of course it's a WOW!!! LOL!
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Putting the ribbon between the layered circles is something I haven't thought of .. thanks for the idea. L

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Melanie! The card is SO pretty!!! Love the colours, and the flowers really dress up the card nicely. Have a Wonderful weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blue or pink and brown are my 2 go to colour schemes when I'm not sure what to make. :)
    This is beautiful Melanie. TFS

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)