Monday, June 13, 2011

Buds and Bling

Hello! Today I have a card I made from Pure Luxury White and Fresh Asparagus, using my new "Border Bling" set with the Free with Three this month, "Elegant Elements". I had not yet used this pretty floral corner from the free set and noticed how nice the round flower centers would pick up the the little circles in my bling! Isn't that nice match? I colored directly onto the stamps with Memento markers to create the different shades in the flowers and leaves. I colored the flower petals with Dandelion and then brushed a bit of Lady Bug near the centers working outward, the yellow may be a little hard to see, but I like how they bled into each other and it softened the red,this is why the outer part of the petals don't appear to have a hard defined edge. To bring out the "pearl" part of the greeting, I added two adhesive pearls over the oink buttons. Ribbon is stitched Pure Luxury.

I could have stamped the florals in the opposite corners or connected the open sides with a little row of straight bling from "Bring the Bling" to make a beaded frame, but I'll save that for next time! I was liking the simplicity of this. :) I also like the way the ribbon treatment turned out, I feel like I was having a "What would Carolina do?" moment! ;)

Hope you had a wonderful weekend, we did! Special post about that in a bit!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Melanie!! I so ADORE this card! Love the sentiment - so perfect, and the flowers are so pretty. Cute touch with the ribbons & buttons. Have a gorgeous day!! {hugs}

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this and the layout with the ribbons - so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The ribbons really make this card special. Must try that. :)

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)