Sunday, August 21, 2011

Branching Bookmark

Happy Sunday! I am a few days late on Lee's bookmark challenge, but I don't think I've ever made one of these corner bookmarks before and I realized how simply you could make one with the square frame from "Branching Out"! I stamped the frame on Basic Grey Curio DP with Frayed Burlap distressing ink and then added the sentiment from the coordinating "The Vine" set using Memento Tuxedo Black. Cardstock is Pure Luxury Black Onyx. The distressed pieces in the Basic Grey packs have a ready made vintage look, but you can add lots of texture to any paper with this stamped frame sponging and layering inks or watermarking images.

Hope it inspires, quick to make and practical, too! :) (This book in case you are wondering is Animals Make Us Human by Temple Grandin, first book I pulled off the shelf to take a pic!)

7 comments:

  1. I like that it's a full square, rather than triangle! Beautiful bookmark, Melanie, amazing stamps - so glad you shared with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this great! I need to make some of these to give as little gifties to some avid reader friends. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning! I love the simplicity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very elegant. I've made corner bookmarks before, but yeah, only triangular. This gives more room for stamping space.

    Shala

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks great - something I have not seen before

    ReplyDelete
  6. This makes a practical gift too. Love the idea, Melanie!!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)