Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Climbing Vine

Good morning! Today I have a card for you where I used one of the borders from my "The Vine" set with the fence from Theresa's "Heartfelt". Cardstock is Pure Luxury Fresh Asparagus and White.I stamped the fence first at the bottom of my at and then stamped the vine right over it. Just trace the vine with the green over the boards, coloring as you normally would. It's okay that the lines overlap because then you'll stamp the vine again, color and cut out just the leaves that intersect the fence lines on the bottom section and pop them up over the image. Next stamp and colored several individual flowers from "The Vine"to add with glue dots at random.
Finally I drew just a few lines with a black pen to connect the second fence section to the first as well as one underneath the climbing vine to make it look like the side of a house. (I got a smudge on the top right of my mat so I had to stamp another vine to cover it, but it does make a better frame!) I used W-3 to make some streaks on the board and shade the fence posts, YG63 and Yg67 for the leaves and R20 and RV34 for the flowers. Use the same greens to make some little flick below the fence for grass.
I plan to do another card like this except I will do a lot of sponging to make a sunrise or sunset, but for this first one I decided to keep it simple, the white space is very "storybook" to me, which I always love. :) There are lots of other possibilites to add animal stamps, people, etc to fill out the scene.

Have a glorious day!!

5 comments:

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)