Friday, August 26, 2011

Falling with Kary

Today we have another beautiful "A Year of Borders" project from Kary Lim. This time she snipped the leaf border into small sections to create a wreath, isn't that lovely? The button and twine is the perfect embellishment and the doily die cut from the woodgrain paper behind it adds such luxury by filling it out and suggests a tree or a door. The white faux stitching is the perfect homespun touch and I love the one little cluster she used to balance the greeting. isn't that pretty how the white stripes in her orange DP strips match her hand drawn stitches? Below are Kary's creation details...

"For the autumn wreath card, I coloured the leaves & acorn with Copic markers (leaves E31, E35, YG00, YG13, YR02, YR04, acorn E35, E37, E31) and cut them out in sections to fill around the doily die-cut piece (I used pop dots to adhered the leaves for some dimension). I placed an orange button with Baker's twine on top of the wreath. I cut 3 strips of orange lined patterned paper in slightly different widths and attached it to the bottom of the card. In between the thinnest strip, I used my Scor-buddy to make two score lines. I added a chipboard sticker sentiment just underneath the second scoreline, and another section of the leaves & acorn just above the thickest strip for interest. To finish off the card, I added some white dash lines all around the card. (All patterned papers are from Jillibean Soup's Apple Cheddar Soup 6x6 pad). A tip : after cutting out the leaves, I used my darkest brown marker (E35) and run that along the edges so the white edge does not show)"

Stunning card Kary, thanks for the inspiration in all the wonderful details you are so good at creating! :) Please go see Kary's blog for another beautiful creation with this set, this time with flowers!

Are you all ready for fall now? I am! I know it is coming, even though it doesn't feel any cooler, I've noticed my car now says the temperature is 94 instead of 104 when I go pick up the kids!

8 comments:

  1. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.....!!!!!
    SO pretty!!! Where does the sentiment come from???

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous card, Kary! I, too, am ready for Fall!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a good idea and beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for posting my cards, Melanie! You can tell I really, really LOVE this set!! Have a wonderful weekend!!

    Richard, the sentiment is a chipboard sticker from Bella BLVD's Sophisticates line.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card! Great idea using the leaves as a wreath, and I love the wonderful clean lines - very nice, Kary! You rock!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Melanie, Sooo glad you featured Kary's wreath card! It is a GREAT Idea for changing the boarder stamps!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)