Friday, August 19, 2011

A little peck...


So I was looking at these images I hadn't inked up yet from The new StampTV "Falling for You" kit and noticed they both had their eyes closed...and that if you tilted the chicken just right he could lean in for a kiss! The fact that they both had the little plaid detail on their bodies made their match all the more perfect! After coloring the two and choosing some pinks and green and aqua for the plaid pattern, I saw Donna had a Mix it Up Monday challenge on StampTV to make your own background plaid using markers and a straightedge, so that's what I did! The Kraft cardstock has a subtle scored plaid pattern in it as well (used the Scor-Buddy). I hand wrote the words I wanted for my sentiment with a marker on Basic Grey Curio paper and then cut up the pieces. Card also uses Pure Luxury Ocean Mist and Grass Green.

This is the first card I've gotten to sit down and stamp in awhile! (Felt good!) :)

Have a great weekend! Guest design spot from Kyra coming up!

9 comments:

  1. Adorable card Melanie!! Just love it!

    Blessings and Hugs,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable card! I love how you combined the sets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness - this is darling, Melanie! Great card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. In all of life with paper you may have to kiss a few frogs to discover a 'rooster'! Ha! What a take on a plaid make it yourself card! Well done! Tip width and color intensities/ tones quickly yield fine plaid combos. mt23stamperatyahoo
    Keep Looking UP!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)