Thursday, August 25, 2011

She's back!: Kary Lim

I'm sure you remember Kary's beautiful "A Year of Borders" creations when she was guest designing, I've invited her back to share a few lore seasonal projects with this year round set, thanks Kary! If you didn't have the opportunity to make it the beach this summer (I know those of you who just experienced winter probably did NOT!) or at least some fun in the sun! Either way, this card using the shell border will take you there!I always love on circles on a card, and using this large scale polka dot print to frame the individual shell groupings she snipped from the longer border is fantastic! Her coloring always takes my breath away :)

Here are Kary's details:

For the summer card, I coloured the shells borders with copic markers (I used E01, E02, E11, R81 (starfish), E31 & E35). On a piece of kraft cardstock, I covered the top section with patterned paper, leaving a 1 inch at the bottom so the kraft cardstock shows. Where the patterned paper meets the kraft cardstock, I placed the shells with pop dots. (The stamped strip is not long enough to cover the whole card, so I cut out a section of another strip & it's very easy to connect them). I placed three cut out shells & corals with pop dots on three circles of the patterned paper, and the sentiment chipboard just above the shells border. Then I tied some Baker's twine along the bottom of the card. To finish off the card, I rounded the top corners of the card. (Patterned paper & chipboard from Bella BLVD)

Be sure to leave Kary some love on her blog, she has another sweet project with this set! I will be sharing another card she created, this time for Fall, very soon! Have an excellent day!

3 comments:

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)