Saturday, August 13, 2011

Week 2 with Kyra

Happy Saturday, are you ready for some cold weather cards? It's week 2 with Kyra and the "Basket Buddies", and today she's sharing some Christmas inspiration! I would have loved to have been a fly* on the wall and sat and watched Ky as she colored these kitties, their furry coats are absolutely gleaming, love these highlights and shadows! Pester her for her Copic recipe and maybe she'll do some purr-fect tutorials! Below are Kyra's card making details:

"I stamped the sentiment and cats with Memento inks, then colored the cats with Copic markers. I do a lot of blending to achieve the sheen on the cat's fur. The most important thing is to leave plenty of white when you start coloring. Adding lots of layers is going to fill in your image quickly. Using 000 markers (like E000) is better for blending when using a mostly brown palette, rather than using the colorless blender. It smooths the individual pen strokes without removing color.

I trimmed around the cats and adhered them to a piece of Basic Grey paper, cut in a banner shape and lined with black to give it good definition. Here's a big tip to keep in mind when trimming an image: ALWAYS go around the raw cut edge with a color darker than your palette. This really enhances the border, and give great definition to your coloring!

I always get tickled when I see people dressing up their pets. The first thing that came to mind was how cute the headwear of Rupa's "Warm and Wonderful" set. I colored and trimmed out the ear muffs for the grey kitty. Isn't it darling how well these sets work together? Finally, I collaged together various papers and stacked and stitched some ribbon to make the base. A little distress ink on both tags brings the colors together.

Recipe: Gina K Pure Luxury cardstock and Basic Grey Eskimo Kisses and Basics Manila. Basket Buddies, The Magic of Christmas, Warm and Wonderful, and Festive Frame. Inks - Distress and Memento. Ribbon - Gina K, Hobby Lobby and dental floss. Buttons - Gina K. Staples, music paper and paperclip by Tim Holtz. Embossing folder - Cuttlebug. Other - tulle and rhinestones."


Now please go visit Kyra's blog , I believe she has some Christmas puppies in store! :)

* I guess I could also just be a stamper that I am looking on, hee hee!

6 comments:

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)