Thursday, August 11, 2011

Welcome,Little One


Hope you are having a good week! We have been in San Antonio the past few days and are now gearing up for a slumber party this weekend! I remembered I have a few cards I submitted for publication (which I really liked!) that did not get accepted, so I can go ahead and share them! I'll start with this baby card I made using "Spring Basket" and "Basket Blessings", since I just released the coordinating "Basket Buddies". (If you noticed, I have the "Heard your family has grown!" sentiment in "Basket Buddies" which can be used when someone gets a new pet (or pets), has a new litter of puppies/kittens etc (but could also be used on a baby card with images from the Blessings set.)) Imagine some little puppies or kittens in this design instead of the stuffed toys from the "Basket Blessings", wouldn't that be sweet? :) I love mixing and matching!

I stamped the flower from Basket Blessings all over the Pure Luxury Innocent Pink cardstock and then scored it to look like a quilt, and embossed holes with the Scor-bug around the edge and attached them tracing with with an Angel Pink marker. The basket lining blanket is not pieced, I actually made that with the flower stamp too on white CS sponge with pink, love perfect coordination like that! I picked up that eyelet trim at Hobby lobby for cheap, cheap, I love how it turned out draped over the corner. Sentiment is stamped on a Grommet tag. I used Kraft CS for the scallop punched corner and basket, and colored the image with Copics.

Okay, more in a bit! I have so many photos to upload of things we have done this summer to share about our family adventures, one of the latest being a hill country winery tour last weekend with three other couples... in a stretch Hummer limo!! We were so blessed to be invited along and have that unique experience!

School starts in less than two weeks and things are really going to change with the boys being back! One of which more time to blog, stamp and design some super cool new sets for you!

12 comments:

  1. Now that is just darling! A basket full of sweetness...thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sweet. Hard to believe it was rejected. It is one of my favorites, but then I love all three of the stamp sets mentioned here. Love how you have created the quilt effect.
    Marcie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such sweet cards. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh so adorable!!!!! Looks like a great card to have published to me!!!!! Sweet looking!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card....so sweet and love your new coordinating set!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Melanie! I LOVE this card!! The basket is so cute, and I love the lace at the side. Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a sweet card Melanie!
    I love all the details and the soft pretty colors.

    Thank you for sharing!
    Blessings and Hugs,

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really sweet card! Thank you for sharing more ideas with these great sets!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)