Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Spahhhhh!

Hello!  Hope you enjoyed the hops this past week, anyone received their new stamps from the latest Gina K Designs release yet?  I can't wait to see the gallery filling up with gorgeous projects using the new sets!  Speaking of galleries, Gina started a pin board on Pinterest today for A Year of Flowers, per customer requests, and I have just been having a grand old time pinning some of my favorite past projects as well as selecting some stand outs from our STV gallery!  Enjoy browsing the board, I plan to continue adding to it, you just might see one of *your own* A Year of Flowers cards in there! :)  Thanks to everyone who is already liking and re-pinning from the board!  Let me know what your favorites are n the comment section below!

 
Now!  I hear that the new Basket Additions 2 is flying off the shelves, thank you! :) Over the next few days, I will be sharing samples using the remaining toppers I haven't yet shown  because I had to try them all out as soon as they came!  Here is a spa basket, just in time for Mother's Day! I used the basket from Spring Basket, stamped on Kraft and shaded with a light brown marker on the sides, then cut it in half to make it  a little shallower than the original image.  
 

DP is from the Gina K Pure Luxury Wisteria Lane pack.  Cardstock is Pure Luxury White, Fresh Asparagus, Lovely Lavender, and Wild Heather.  After coloring the topper with Copics I used a glue pen and added some lilac Doodlebug glitter.  Die cuts are Classic Circle and Splendid Circle Nestabilities.  Use more classic circles or your punches on the individually inked and tamped words to create a message of bubbles!  

In case you are wondering what any of the stuff in the basket is intended to be, from left to right:  nubby wood brush, slippers, sea sponge, poof, rolled towel, bar of soap, mason jar (full of bath salts, sugar scrub, etc!)  I just colored the slippers here, but they would be very sweet paper pieced!  I will post my tip sheet soon with info on all the rest of the toppers!

Have a great day!

4 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS!!!You are so deserving Mel..
    What a fantastic article. Be safe and have a blast at the festival. (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ann from AustraliaMay 5, 2012 at 6:00 AM

    Congratulations Melanie - you deserve all the accolades that come your way! I bought your book 'A Year of Flowers' recently and read it cover to cover immediately. I love your style and find inspiration in all you do. Well done! Bless you x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melanie~ Thank you for the sample & clarifying each item! I have to admit that bar of soap had me stumped-LOL Loving your newest set of additions~ can hardly wait to see what you have for us next! Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cards are beautiful! Would love it if you would post your Copic coloring tutorial. My coloring just doesn't look that great. I think I need help.

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)