Monday, October 1, 2012

Inspiration Hop, Day 1: Beyond Baskets and Joyful Holiday

Good morning!  The Design Team for Gina K. Designs welcomes you to another fabulous Inspiration Blog Hop! Gina and the Design Team will inspire you with many beautiful ideas four our newest stamp sets, and as you hop through their blogs, make sure to leave a comment on each of them because we will choose a few random comments and those stampers will each win a Gina K. Designs Grab Bag that could have anything from stamps, to paper, to embellishments! To see the list of winners check the Big News forum at Stamp TV a couple of days after the hops!
 
First up, we have my new Beyond Baskets set . These rustic and whimsical containers coordinate with seven of my previous Gina K Designs sets, plus many more in your stamp collections! The wheelbarrow with its one wheel just demanded some motion, so I easily created this interactive card by cutting out the wheelbarrow, poking a hole through the center of the wheel, and sticking pop dots to the back of the wheel and on the wheelbarrow but WITHOUT removing the backing from the pop dots on the other side, so it only sticks to the back of the image.  This just gives it support and pushes it away from the card itself so it can move freely, but not swing loose after you put the brad though the mat.
 The wheelbarrow stays propped up on the popped up blessings tag when not "in use", hee hee, just give it a little lift! Gardening topper is from Basket Additions 2 (Like I have a garden, ha!  We do have a few herbs, though...basil anyone?)  But I like how the Beyond Baskets' greetings allow to me to say ...from my kitchen ...garden, or ...home, which is great for all sorts of tags and packaging for foods and other homemade with love gifts! Card uses Pure Luxury White, Fresh Asparagus, Cherry Red and Kraft.
Here is a sample I made using the new wagon and a topper from the first Basket Additions. Now I know Valentine's Day is months away., but I really like this particular image with the candy, bear, and cards for an anytime, pampering, "love ya" stamp!  I made this as thank you for some sweet gifts LEE made for me, because you know if she had a wagon, that's how she'd roll! ;-)
 
Last, I wanted to show one more idea if you don't have any of the previous Basket or Basket Additions sets.  So many ways to fill these masked with other stamp images, piled up punches, paper flowers, etc, but here i filled up the tub (colored to look like copper using YR61 and E08) with the leaf and acorn border from the popular A Year of Borders set, trimmed to layer into the tub, to make a pretty fall card. 
 Cardstock is Pure Luxury White  Sweet Corn, and Pumpkin Spice. I used adhesive nail heads at the corners of the embossed CB Grace's Frame (I get a lot of use out of this folder)
To add some shine, I smacked my Versamark pad onto the tub before adding the leaves and embossed it with clear EP, which you can really see when I tilted it toward the light! Fun to give the image this smooth appearance and texture, just like shiny metal.

Hope you enjoy this set and all the possibilities! Have fun getting creative with them!

Next we have Theresa Momber's Joyful Holiday. I love how she provided images for coloring as well as bold silhouettes, which allow you to create a gorgeous Christmas card like the one below with just two ink pads and two cardstocks!
I love how the white on white design turned out!  The cut files make some really intricate, beautifully cat and dimensional images for mass production a breeze! Begin by stamping the bows at different heights along the cardstock panel. Next stamp on some mistletoe.  Add the ornaments in Memento Rhubarb Stalk and Bamboo Leaves.  Pop some up for dimension.  Mat on Cherry Red. Stamp mistletoe on card base, add stamped mat, and finally add cut mistletoe with pop dots.
 
 Accent with adhesive pearls and Ruby Red Liquid Pearls and allow to dry. I did have to snip out a tiny part of my popped up mistletoe there at the bottom, because I accidentally squeezed out too much Liquid Pearls in one cluster of berries and they ran together! (Nope, not starting over, the rest looked fab!)  Awesome set, Theresa!

http://api.ning.com/files/PsJxvi-*WJtrsT8RMY93fpIX*ncOBPlXz5QBCUxIXw9lMw1MGgzt4vrNGAam-p1JqkZyVNAlmVXhVeAhfA1Vybw7eMoRx8s-/Designteambutton.gif

Now please enjoy visiting the rest of our design team:
 Have a great day!

60 comments:

  1. Too cute on the tilting wheelbarrow! LOVE it! Gorgeous creations on all as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable cards!!!!! Love this new stamp set!!!! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your wonderful cards. Love the tilting wheelbarrow (why doesnt the stuff fall out! heee jk!) and that tub is awesome! Great ornament card too, clever girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Melanie, your cards are perfect! Love that autumn one with loads of leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Melanie....you completely "knocked it out of the park" with your cards! They are stunning! Hugs! Sean

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous cards. Love the stamps and embossed details.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful; selection of cards, love the tipping wheelbarrow, cant wait to get my set :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful cards! love the two wheelbarrow cards! hope to win ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. disregard the other post comment - LOL - I put it in the wrong post - I love the pink card! SO CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved all of your cards, but especially the copper tub for Fall. The Beyond Baskets set is one I would really like to get. It can be used in so many ways!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Holy moly.. where to start!!! I LOVE your WHOLE stamp set!!!! The wheelbarrow is priceless for the gardener and what a perfect card for the "spinner type" design! YAY for pink wagons!!!Your leaves are gorgeous and I love the embossing folder you used as well. Your Christmas card is so pretty with all the pearls added here and there! Perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. your cards are always fabulous. Love the idea of layering in punches and other stuff....no my head is spinning.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love everyone of your cards! That pink wagon is perfect for Lee! :-) I can't believe you did the fall leaves and acorns in the tub! Just last night I had thought it would be so great to have a big pile of leaves to put into the wheelbarrow! Now I know how to create that even though there isn't a topper (yet! ;-)) to use!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Louise (Mamilou) (Ontario)October 1, 2012 at 9:48 AM

    So much inspiration! I wish I could go home now and start working on some cards.... unfortunately have to work to support the "habit" LOL.

    Wonderful cards.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome cards! Can't wait for my stamps to arrive!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. GORGEOUS Beyond Basket cards, Mel -- what a TON of fabulous ideas! Love your interactive wheelbarrow! And your Joyful card is gorgeous -- love all the details!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful cards! Fantastic coloring and great stamps! Love every single one of them!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So many gorgeous cards!! I love your new stamp set; so many options and opportunities to explore and create.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your cards Mel!! They are fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Look at you go with all the samples! Love that Fall basket - your coloring is awesome~

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your tilting wheelbarrow is great. :) I love the valentine wagon and your shiny tub is gorgeous. I always get great ideas from your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your sets are amazing Mel and I love creating with them!!! Love all of your cards today!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love them all. Really like how you did the wheelbarrow and your coloring is awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. These are gorgeous. I love how you filled the tub.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the beyond baskets cards, especially the wheelbarrow that tips up and you did a great job on the Joyful Holiday card.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful cards. I love how you did the wheelbarrow. Thanks for the great idea on making the bucket shiny. Beyond baskets is a great set.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful cards. Loads of inspiration as always.

    ReplyDelete
  28. All your cards are absolutely stunning and I love the tilted wheelbarrow. I don't get much time to stamp of late, but I sure am absorbing all the creativty I see others doing. I love that Christmas card too and have that set as well as the Beyond Baskets one. So this hope is ideal for me.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Two really great new sets!! Love the Christmas card.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Melanie, I love the "copper" pail. The addition of shine adds so much. The pink wagon is so cute. The Christmas card is very lovely. Thanks for all of the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love your wheelbarrow idea and the tub covered in clear EP, AWESOME! And am happy to say I own that set!!! Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Your beyond baskets set is at the top of my wish list. I love the suggestion for making a "shiny" tub.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Oh, Melanie - you made a kinetic card! I love it that the wheelbarrow moves! Congratulations on your latest stamps! You are so very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Wow are card are just amzing I love fall colors

    ReplyDelete
  35. Gorgeous cards I love you basket one with embossing floder.

    ReplyDelete
  36. What a wonderful idea for a stamp set Melanie. Love that wheelbarrow full of gardening supplies, reminds me of my garden this summer. Darling card.

    ReplyDelete
  37. My sister would love the garden wheelbarrow. She has a big garden every year. I love the copper tub and your Christmas card.

    ReplyDelete
  38. LLLLLove the Christmas card. As always you are an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Wonderful cards...especially like the wagon!
    Paper Hugs,
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  40. gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous -as always! I love your basket sets

    ReplyDelete
  41. Your creativity just blows me away, these are all fantastic but the first wheelbarrow card blew my socks off!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Oh my, this is a must have set. All your sets work so well with each other. I love the way you made the basket look like a metal tub. I see those all the time in the country as decorations on porches in our area.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Fabulous cards and I really like your moving wheelbarrow.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Lovely cards. I like how you made the metal tub shiny.

    ReplyDelete
  45. These cards are outSTANDING!
    I do believe you have the very best use of Theresa's set here, hands down!
    Of course, you do magic with your own set, but that, of course, while wonderful, is NO SURPRISE at all!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Your stamps are awesome! Thanks for showing the different ways to color and emboss the baskets.
    Beautiful Christmas card with a great idea to make as my main card for the season!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Your cards are stunning, Melanie! This is a fabulous set!

    ReplyDelete
  48. Wow, really great cards! So many, many possibilities with your new set!

    ReplyDelete
  49. Your cards are gorgeous

    Blessings,
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  50. This set rocks! Love every sample, especially the fall card. Gorgeous Joyful card, too!

    ReplyDelete
  51. Your wheelbarrow is pure genius!! I love how you colored it and how it can tilt up!! The Christmas card is pretty incredible too!

    ReplyDelete
  52. This is a wealth of riches! The free-wheeling wheelbarrow - what a great idea! The thank you card, the blessings card (I have that e.f.-yay!), and the fabulous Christmas card. All terrific, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  53. Beautiful cards. all are awesome. love them.

    ReplyDelete
  54. That copper effect is stunning! And I so loved your Xmas card, the white on white is striking.

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)