Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Inspiration Hop, Day 3; STVKit and Free with Three

Good morning!  The Design Team for Gina K. Designs welcomes you to another fabulous Inspiration Blog Hop! Gina and the Design Team will inspire you with many beautiful ideas, and as you hop through their blogs, make sure to leave a comment on each of them because  a few random comments will be chosen and those stampers will each win a grab bag of Gina K. Designs products! To see the full list of winners, check the Big News forum at Stamp TV a couple of days after the hops.

First up we have the new StampTV Kit, which comes with both of these awesome holiday sets, Merry Little Christmas and City of David!

I chose to work with City of David today.  This is a simple two layer card!  Stamp the greeting, image and the star above in Memento Tuxedo Black on Pure Luxury White. Next I cut a piece of scratch paper in a tall triangle long enough to cover my card.
I put the tip under star, then started sponging Memento Sweet Plum over both sides of the mask.  The I moved a bit and sponged on some Memento Paris Dusk, concentrating ink on the edges of mat, going off the sides.  Repeat on the other side.  Remove the mask.  Add some bling!
The masking really spotlights your sentiment. I added white dots randomly with a marker for stars.  Cardbase is Pure Luxury In the Navy.

 Next we have this month's Free with Three set Holiday Tags.  Very useful little set!!
 I went very literal this month and used them as ...yep..tags. :)  Cardstock is Pure Luxury Ocean Mist, Grass Green, Turquoise Sea, and White.  I also stamped the chevron from Pretty Patterns in Memento Love Letter and Bamboo Stalk to tie the separate tags together in the design. I love how those look nested together like that, like the pattern on a Christmas-y scarf or socks!  Piercing with the Scor-Bug around the edges of the mat "anchors" the chevron.
Ciircle punches are 1", 1 1/4" and 1 3/8",

And an even simpler one on Pure Luxury Red Hot.  Don'tcha love when your twine holds those bends and seems to defy gravity sometimes? hee!)
 
 ( PS I prefer spearmints to peppermints! num num num!)

 Please see the rest of our team for more inspiration using these fabulous sets!  Don't forget to comment to increase your chances of winning a grab bag!
    That's it for October Inspiration Hops! Of course, keep checking back with us for more fun GKD projects through the month!

66 comments:

  1. Awesome card as always Mel! Love what you did with the little tag images but that nativity spotlight card--wowza! Shut the front and back door---put the fire out---shut up...awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic idea with the spotlight! I really love the fun, whimsical designs of the Holiday Tags cards!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't get past your first card.....it's PERFECT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Late last night I had a similar idea for City of David come to me. Hopefully tonight I can get it on paper! All are beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. stunning shading idea!! LOVE that tag-card. So much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Amazing cards, Melanie! Just love that card with the light shining from the star. All of them are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all your cards here. Your City of David card is genius....just beautiful. Thanks for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous cards. I like how you sponged color on the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The first card remind me Silent Night song! Great cards!

    ReplyDelete
  10. AMAZING Nativity scene! Love your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sweet cards Melanie. I've got to get a ScoreBug, I love that look. Fun cards!

    ReplyDelete
  12. All of your cards are great, but I especially like how you made the star to shine on the manger.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love everything you made, but that spotlight is perfect. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What beautiful cards. I love especially your sponged nativity one. I really love the new TV kit and am so glad I purchased it for myself. I know it will be a well used set for years and years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  15. All three are wonderful, but I really love the way that the star shines down so brightly. Great job. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Melanie-you did an awesome job, as always my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Melanie, as always your work is gorgeous. I love that blue card.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You've kindled my Christmas Spirit with your projects; they're beautiful and heart-warming. You've taught me something new with your Nativity card technique and your creativity with the cute litte stamps makes me smile. My day has definitely been brighened with a stop at your site - thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  19. My fav is Nativity card, the word Genius fits this card.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Incredible talent! I love all the fin ideas and the striped twine on the tag card is such a cute accent.

    ReplyDelete
  21. TOTALLY adore your nativity scene!!!! GORGEOUS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fantastic cards Melanie!! Your nativity card is perfect!! and the tag card is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Another great blog hop today with loads of fab ideas, thanks for the inspiration!

    Carol B
    ciaoitalia2007(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such gorgeous cards! I really love the city of David one so stunning! Thanks for the inspiration! God Bless you! Angie

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh my word! What brilliant sponging on your first card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love love love the stunning effect with the star over the nativity scene! Stroke of pure creative genius that turned out AMAZING! I like the little stars, too! The other 2 cards are very cute, but the first is def my favourite!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love the spot light idea! It is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  28. 3 GREAT cards - -but City of David is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I am in agreement with everyone...the starlight is totally awesome...another day of wonderful inspiration...tfs

    ReplyDelete
  30. Great work. Love the background on the first one. Perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  31. The spotlight design on your first card is just stunning Mel and love how festive your Holiday Tags cards are!!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. love the color masking!
    thanks
    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  33. Such sweet tags, Mel, and your City of David is breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love the colors on your cards but the "spotlight" on the 1st one is STUNNING!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. i'm not used to coloring my background, but that looks great. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  36. Wonderful cards, LOVE how you spotlighted your City of David card! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  37. The nativity card is so pretty - what a great design! And such bright and fun colors on the others!

    ReplyDelete
  38. What a neat way to spotlight the nativity scene! The other two cards are creative with smaller images. Great set of cards!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Beautiful cards love the tags and the color are super. love the flower.

    ReplyDelete
  40. I LOVE the first one! The others are really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Your cards are just beautiful. I love all of them. Thank you so much for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Your cards are just beautiful. I love all of them. Thank you so much for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Love your cards. The masking technique looks awesome. I would've never thought of that!

    Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Awesome! Simply awesome! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  45. I LOVE the way you did the star "shining" on the stable! Very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  46. These are amazing, Melanie! Your spotlight effect is especially stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Wow what an awesome card.

    Blessings,
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  48. Wow!! The City of David card is really awesome. Your masking really makes it POP!

    ReplyDelete
  49. WOW! What a stunning effect you've made with the masking on the first card. The other cards are adorable. What great versatility!

    Hugs,
    Snoopy :D
    Snoopy's Homemade Fun

    ReplyDelete
  50. I love how you did the spotlight design - just great!

    ReplyDelete
  51. Love the spotlight effect!

    Kris in Alaska
    funamom at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  52. LOVE your masking, buttons and tags!

    ReplyDelete
  53. Your city of David design is inspirational. Louise

    ReplyDelete
  54. What inspiration. Thanks for explaning how you did the masking and coloring on the City of David card. I love it. The look is awesome on the chevron card and the tags are too cute. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  55. Love, love love the nativity with the spotlight. Do you stamp a saying on the inside?

    ReplyDelete
  56. Great cards. Yours are always wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  57. Your masking looks incredible!!! Thanks for describing your technique & colors.

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)