Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Krafty Flower

Hello!  Here is another card for Stately Flowers 5 at the release party!

I got several questions about what I did here.  Cardstock is Gina K Pure Luxury Kraft, Black Onyx and Wild Dandelion.  I love coloring on Kraft to achieve a certain look. Just keep in mind when selecting your shades that the colors will darken quite a bit when you go over darker cardstock than white.  Also, a darker marker like this Putty Copic might be normally be too dark for a shadow on white CS, but it is perfect on Kraft, looking more like a W-3 or W-5.  just trace the undersides of the image, easy peasy!  To have the leaf sticking out the edge just trim on the edges of the leaf inside of where the outer edge of the mat will be cut by the die, top and bottom, then have this part sticking out above the die before running it through the machine. Such a cool trick!  I love this ginormous image!

 I can't remember now if we shared this clearly or not, but Theresa smacked me with a challenge throw down that I use eyelets somehow on one of my samples, I believe it was... the *day* before the release? (last release she hit me with the crimper)  So she inspired the whole card with just that one prerequisite, can you believe? Anywho!  After adding some yellow eyelets with my Crop o Dile to the corners of this Matting Basics B die cut (sponged with Antique Linen), I looped some copper metallic cord that I've had for ages through both corners and secured on the back with pop dots.  (If I was going to throw on an embellishment I seldom use, I figured I'd best try to get a little creative with how I worked with them, or at least something a little less expected from me:  copper, no tie or bow, around the corners, check, check, check!) Take that, Theresa! hee  (By the way, has she posted HER eyelet card yet? I have to go see...)

Okay, I'll be honest, we are having our team inspiration hop  for this set on Monday, and now that I've "shown you all my cards" (heh heh!)...what should I make for you??  I'm open to suggestions! :)

4 comments:

  1. Anything you make will be wonderful and inspiring! This is such a pretty card, Melanie - I love the coloring on Kraft, and your eyelets are darling. Goodness, why don't we use them anymore? I have OODLES! Thanks Theresa for the great idea, and to you, Melanie, for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. That sunflower is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it and just another card using this set would be super!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the sunflower! Stately 5 is on my wish list. I'd love to see more with the baskets. I'm lovin Holiday Baskets since I got it to go with Beyond Baskets. BTW Theresa's eyelet card was on her 10/22 post, though she called them decorative brads. You ladies both rock!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)