Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Day 3 Inspiration Hop: Perfect Plaids and Snow One Like You

Good morning!  The Design Team for Gina K. Designs welcomes you to another fabulous Inspiration Blog Hop! Gina and the Design Team will inspire you with many beautiful ideas, and as you hop through their blogs, make sure to leave a comment on each of them because  a few random comments will be chosen and those stampers will each win a grab bag of Gina K. Designs products! To see the full list of winners, check the Big News forum at Stamp TV a couple of days after the hops. 

First up with we have Perfect Plaids (clear or rubber) from Tami Mayberry.  You know I love two step and pattern building stamps!  I stamped this pattern using two of the plaid builders and Memento Angel Pink and Espresso Truffle.  Cardstock is Pure Luxury White, Kraft, and Innocent Pink.  I cut out the word window for "baby" with the Studio cut file from Kraft CS and stamped in the rings and letters from Lots of Letters.  I used a Matting Basics B die to emboss the frame on my card base and added some button accents with glue dots.
 And then, (because Carolyn nudged me how cute a t-shirt would be with the plaid!) I stamped up a Onesie from Wee Tees to add to the card with the same stamped plaid pattern. (Thanks, Cammie!) TIP: Stamp the Onesie first since it is available in rubber, then stamp the plaid so you can can stamp the pattern straight.


Last we have the Free with Three set: Snow One Like You (clear or rubber), free this month only with the purchase of any three sets valued at 19.95 or more.   Here is the card I made for our release party, a scene like this is simple to make!
 Stamp the birdhouse first.  Mask and then stamp the snowman as though he's swinging out from around the pole.  Color.  
Emboss a Spellbinders Matting Basic B frame onto the card base.
  
Next I cut a wavy curve in some scratch paper and slid it under the die into the embossed area.  Sponge on Summer Sky ink

 Pick up the wavy mask, flip over and move up a bit to make second hill. Repeat sponging until you have the desired effect.  Just add snowflakes!
I embellished the snowflakes and housetop with some adhesive rhinestones.

Thanks for visiting today! Please enjoy hopping for more inspiration with these two amazing sets with the rest of the 
Gina K. Designs team.

Illustrator and Senior Designer

51 comments:

Theresa Momber said...

Gorgeous!!! I love the plaid Wee Tee and the cool embossed frames on both cards rock!!!

Judy I, St. Louis MO said...

Those baby cards are precious. I love the plaid onesie! Thanks for the great inspiration.

Beate said...

Melanie, all three cards are too cute. Love those plaid baby ones and that snowman card just makes me smile.
Have a great day!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Great coloring on the snowman card -- thanks for the little tutorial!

catdidit said...

LOVE the baby cards....are you trying to tell us something? LOL! All 3 rock!

Sue D said...

Wonderful baby cards--love the plaid onesie. Cute snowman card!

Giovana said...

Beautiful Baby cards Mel!! Your snowman card is very cute!!

Verna Angerhofer said...

What darling baby cards...that plaid works wonderfully for that. I know I will be using it myself along with the alphabet set. And, that snowman is so cute. I am glad to see you use the birdhouse with it too. I have yet to ink up my birdhouse but I have been thinking of doing so if I run out of Christmas cards. But this will work for all winter long cards as well.

Anne Molberg said...

Oh my stars!!! What lovely cards.. This has been a great hop!!

Card Crafty Club said...

You have totally raised the cuteness bar Mel! These are the best!!!!!

Michelle said...

Very cute! I love the pink baby cards with the plaid mixed in.

Judy Woodland said...

Wonderful cards Melanie. I love the baby ones especially. Lovely soft color. Thanks for all the inspiration!

Sharon Harnist said...

Oh, my -- love your sweet baby plaid and on the onsie, too cute! Wonderful embossing and hills on your snowman card, too!

naneruth said...

Love that pink card!

Lagene said...

Beautiful baby card & Thanks for the tutorial for the snowman scene!

Marsha said...

Sweet cards.

Joyce T. said...

thanks for the tutorial!

Beastybunny said...

Wow! Fabulous cards! Very well done!

Elizabeth said...

Such sweet baby cards. Love these.

Char said...

What clever uses of the new stamps. I especially like the plaid on the adorable baby cards.

mermaid fenicia said...

Love those cards ^_^

Beth said...

LOVE the baby cards <3

Kathryn A said...

Terrific cards! I love the cute onsie and am inspired to use my SB rectangles to frame my cards, too!

Carolyn King said...

ekkks....lovin your plaid onsie and other baby card. Adorable. The snowman is fantastic...thanks for sharing those tips cause it looks great!

Trisha said...

Great job. Love your baby card so much.

Susan Jacobs said...

I loved these cards. Cute onsie idea.

Divinity said...

very sweet!

Susan White said...

love, love, love the baby onsie card, I need to case this one, the other cards are just as amazing!!

Doris W. said...

Beautiful baby cards! Love the onesie! The snowman card is adorable!

Sharon said...

The plaids on the baby card are so cute! and fun snowman!

Penny Odell said...

Beautiful pink baby cards, and your snowman card is adorable.

Pat Jandacek said...

What a cute plaid onesie...great cards. Love the matting effect on the snowman card.

Ravengirl said...

Very cute cards! I really love the baby card. I'm so glad that you made the onesie in plaid too!

Lisa Lara said...

Just the coolest cards Melanie. Wow. Love your little Tutorial too.

Rosy Newlun said...

Melanie, I am just staring at your cards- they are so creative and pretty!!!

Carol said...

Gorgeous projects! Wow, that plaid set can do so much! Thanks for the ideas!

Carol B
ciaoitalia2007(at)gmail(dot)com

Gayle said...

Love the cards, Mel, I must get those additional silhouette cut files for your LOL.

joy said...

I love the little plaid onesies! So cute and of course that little snowman is so sweet. Thanks for the instructions on how to make the snow hill and sky!

--Marcy said...

Always a delight to see your creativity!

Donna Phelan said...

Oh so pretty baby cards! Awesome snowman card too! Great snowy hills! :)

Lori said...

I think I've said this before, but you are a genious!! Love your cards girlfriend!!

Deb said...

You are fantastic at thinking outside the traditional box!!! I can see this plaid for St Paddys day cards as well!!!

Mida Williams said...

Three great card projects.

Sherry Butcher said...

Love the oneie!!

ajax said...

Thanks so much for showing us the different things you can do with these stamp sets. I love the illustrations of how you did the "there's snow one like you" card.

Marianne said...

i love the deatils on your cards. Thanks for showing how you made the snowman one.

marianneDOTwanhamATgmailDOTcom

Karenladd said...

Wow, thanks for the tutorial! your snowman card is beautiful..LOVE the coloring

Kris in Alaska said...

Cute, cute, cute!

Kris in Alaska
funamom at yahoo dot com

Kitty said...

I love ball of your cards as I knew I would.

Blessings,
Kat

Anonymous said...

Love the soft pink and the plaid. The onese is precious.
Thanks for sharing. Julie

Cheryl Wright said...

Oh my goodness, those baby cards are totally gorgeous! Talk about cute!

Love, love, love your Christmas card. Melanie, I'm always so grateful of you adding instructions for your techniques - thank you.