Saturday, December 14, 2013

Bird and Flowers



Here is another card from the release party with Stamper's Favorites. I stamped the cut out flowers in Gina K. Tomato Soup ink, and sponged some on the sentiment tag as well to tie that in.  I used a few peach Copics on the flowers and added adhesive pearls to their centers.  Leafy background is stamped and sponged with Gina K. Grass Green ink.  Such delicate, detailed images need a really fancy die to compliment them!  I thought this Spellbinders Decorative Labels Twenty Two was perfect, with those tiny oval cut outs along the top and bottom echoing all the dahlias' petals.  Here is my favorite way to do the hummingbird so far:  Stamp the bird twice.  (I used green for the bird, then added a little brown marker directly to the stamp for the beak.)  On the second bird, cut off the tail and back wing, so you are left with the head body, front wing and feet.  Pop this up over the first and bend the wing out slightly.  You can almost see its wing flapping this way!  I finished it off with some cut leaves and adhesive pearls.  Cardstock is Pure Luxury Dark Chocolate, Grass Green and White.

I hope you love this card as much I as I do!

2 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL! Love how the hummer popps! Beautiful coloring & layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite is birds and yours top them all! Love your work!!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)