Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Folk Filigree

Today I have a card I made using Becky Oehler's new Folk Filigree set.  This includes tons of tiny bold flower elements, plus some banners and birds for those of you who like coloring. Get your ink pads ready! I started with the banner in the middle with the intention of creating some floral garlands around it, and it just evolved form there.  As you can see, I did not make it perfectly symmetrical, but I did stamp opposite parts of the design as I went to keep it balanced.  First, the semicircle garland above and below.  Then I added the larger flowers, then two-stepped the flower centers, then eventually filling the mat out with springs and berries and smaller flowers until I was pleased with the look. I perched the birdies on either sides on the arrow and popped up the little heart. 
Cardstock is Pure Luxury Powder Blue and White, button is from Gina K Color Companions Bowl of cherries and Dark Chocolate  stitched ribbon.  Ink pads are Gina K  Color Companion Red Hot, Powder Blue, Fresh Asparagus, Grass Green, Dark Chocolate, and Sweet Mango.

1 comment:

  1. wow! is wonderful. it's the inventor or very good and keep trying possibility.

    friv 2
    kizi

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)