Monday, March 3, 2014

Signs of Spring

Today I have a single layer card I made using Theresa Momber's Signs of Spring.  I loved these leafy sprigs and thought it would be fun to create a single layer scene on Pure Luxury White base, connecting the greeting with the branches in the middle.
Start by stamping the greeting to have it centered, and then add your branch just touching the top and bottom the sentiment on either side.  The clear stamps make this easy. :)  Stamp your butterflies above in Black Onyx and color with Copics.  Add a bit of sparkle with colored glitter pens.  Finally, sponge some Ocean Mist and Turquoise Sea randomly, leaving white space, to make a cloudy background. I used a Nestabilities die to emboss a shape to frame the scene and add a "layer".

Don't they seem to be saying, "Oh hello, how are you?" :)

14 comments:

  1. So beautiful! I love the gorgeous background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melanie, this is such a pretty card and this Wisconsin girl is really ready for Spring too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have to be the most inspiring, talented crafter I have ever followed... Between you and Gina I have been inspired and showed how to follow great teachers......Thank you so much for being in love with crafting.........

    ReplyDelete
  4. So bright and beautiful! Your butterflies are very realistic - great card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous. I love the way the branch seems to be writing Happy Birthday. Love the embossed edge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A stunning one layer card. Beautiful in every detail and love that awesome butterfly. Looks so real that I can almost imagine it fluttering by!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are amazing, you just keep bringing beautiful cards and such clever ideas. Thanks so much. Your card is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful card and so like spring I'm sure everyone is so ready for spring. It's -7 in Des Mones, Iowa

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your single layer cards. They are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your single layer cards. They are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely one layer scene! Hey Melanie, I'm here in RR with DIL & freezing! I'm going to have to go back to OR to get warm.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card! simple and elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  13. If anyone want to download a game for their pc or phones then internet is a best option for them to download or search all type of solitaire game in free from there. Spider solitaire is one good game for small kids and others to play on pc.


    friv 2

    kizi

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)