Sunday, July 13, 2014

Red Poppies


Hope you had a good weekend!  Here is a card I made with Stately Flowers 1 when I was testing out some Spectrum Noir markers last month.  (I didn't want to post it until the stamps were back in stock.)  Isn't this poppy image gorgeous with these Gina K Journey of the Heart patterned papers?  Base is Pure Luxury Red Hot and I used some red grosgrain from a past StampTV kit.  To create this glowing effect, follow the exact same coloring process that I did with the blue markers in this video but use these for the petals: DR2 and DR3.  For Copics, use R35 and R27.  
Spellbinders die is from Timeless Rectangles.

Thanks for visiting!  
New video with Fabulous Frame posting tomorrow! :)

6 comments:

  1. This is just a lovely card! The poppies and the red ribbon, the two-patterned background and the white frame create a gorgeous card - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melanie, that is beautiful. I love the choice of paper with the color of the poppy. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melanie - this is gorgeous! You’re right the papers are beautiful with it too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous flower, Mel. The papers and ribbon are lovely with it. I am so looking forward to your video tomorrow with another frame card too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poppies are my FAVE! Love the perfect papers you've chosen, too!
    Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the pattern...beautiful card...but i bet no one said you messed up on the pattern...lol...couldn't let that one go!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)