Monday, November 24, 2014

Mistletoe Card and Removable Ornament


 In today's video, I show you how the reverse masking technique can really add a lot of pop to your stamped images and separate them from a white background, as well as how to make a removable mistletoe ornament with Stately Flowers 5  your recipient can hang from the tree (or door frame for some kisses!)   Easy to do, and the movement of it hanging and ability to remove it make it interactive and so fun. A little gift in itself.  TIP: Add a photo or write the year on the back side.  I forgot to say in the video, after the ornament is removed, it would be nice to have a photo inside to show through the open window!

You can also use two cardstock colors and mix and match the round ornament in the centers!

Well, I wish I'd posted some cards and videos with Stately Flowers 5 earlier this season, but there's still time to make lots of cards and ornaments for your holiday projects with the beautiful mistletoe!  CardMaker featured a gate fold card I made with it on the cover of their Happy Holidays Special Issue, and it is on the newsstands until December 1st!  I hope you pick up a copy!  In addition to very inspiring projects and and techniques, it is filled with bunch of really unique recipes that are new to me and I fully intend to make!  Perfect for snacks, the holiday meal, and gift giving, you've got to check this out out!

Annie's - Celebrating home, family and the creative spirit 

Happy Holidays


As you can see, there is a "Merry Christmas" stamp in this set, but I couldn't find it when it was time to make the card and roll! So the one in my video above  is from the Stamp TV kit, but virtually any greeting and font will work with this realistic mistletoe image.
 Supplies: 
Gina K. Designs Stately Flowers 5, Winter Cheer StampTV Kit
Gina K. Pure Luxury White cardstock (Kraft optional)
Gina K. Black Onyx and Kraft Ink pads
Spectrum Noir Markers: CG1, CG4, DG3, IG4, Faber Castell Pitt White Pen
die cutting machine, circle die
Gina K red gingham ribbon

Optional: Cropodile and large eyelet 

This set also contains a sunflower which is a favorite image of mine for cardmaking, and you can see how to color it in this video I posted previously.

Have a fabulous day!  Are you ready for Thanksgiving?

4 comments:

  1. What a cool idea. I used the mistletoe stamp on many of my cards the first year it came out. I’ll try making some ornaments this year. About the Merry Christmas stamp from Stately 5 – the other morning I put on a new pair of shoes and went into my stamp room for something. As I was walking to the living room my shoe felt funny. When I sat down and took it off to see what the problem was, there was Merry Christmas from Stately 5 on the sole – so maybe check the bottom of your shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always liked that stamp and made a beautiful card. I am waiting for your next Stately set to come out. Have so enjoyed all of the previous ones. Lovely card, will definitely try this.
    Thanks Melanie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards, love the ornaments! Don't forget, we still need Massachusetts.....just sayin' lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous idea!
    The removable ornament is a little surprise "gift" with the card! Love that!
    I like the Kraft and white mix, as much as the single color, maybe more! LOL
    Your creative talent never ceases to amaze me, Melanie.
    TFS!!! It's absolutely charming!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)