Monday, October 3, 2016

Video: How to Create an Underwater Scene




Hello! Today I'm working with my re-released Gifts from the Sea set to show you how to make this stunning, realistic underwater scene in no time with a sponge dauber and scratch paper for simple masking.  Aren't these colors gorgeous together? I want to dive in! Please enjoy!  Here is the link for the Zig marker set I used. 



Supplies:
Gina K. Designs Gifts from the Sea stamp set
Gina K. Pure Luxury White (3 3/4" x 5") , Black Onyx ( 4" x 5 1/4", Prickly Pear (41/4" x 11", scored at 5 1/2") cardstock
Gina K. Blue Lagoon, Blue Raspberry, White Pigment and Memento Tuxedo Black ink pads
Zig Clean Color Markers: Ochre, Mid Green, Dark Oatmeal

sponge dauber, scratch paper, adhesive, Faber-Castell PITT White artist pen
Optional: White gel pen, adhesive rhinestones, Wink of Stella glitter pen

New release next week, can you beleive it's almost here!  And guess what? I finally got a MISTI!  SO look for me demonstrating that with my new set in next week's video, I am SO excited about this one, and having a MISTI with it is pretty darned awesome, I have to say, for mass producing some holiday designs!  

Thanks for visiting today!

7 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing I love this card, don't have this set yet, but soon. very pretty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melanie, beautiful card as always. I have loved seahorses ever since I was little. Some seahorse stamps are too "cartoon-y." Yours is quite handsome! Will have to put this set on my Christmas list. Thank you for your inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome tutorial I love this technique, your card turned out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the first Gina K set I purchased and I love what you did with it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hii guys ,I am delighted to see this post! I like the reflection in your photograph very much...

    MCX Gold Positional Tips

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love this card and have always wanted to do a water scene like this. Now I know how and am going to give it a try. You make some fabulous cards Melanie and I really appreciate your talent for illustrating and making stamps. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just bought this set! Thank you for the video tutorial.

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)