Thursday, April 13, 2017

Video: Faux Postage Technique with Stately Flowers 11



Hello! Thanks for all the wonderful feedback about this card in our hop! In today's video I share how to stamp, mask and sponge the postage border in my new Stately Flowers 11 set to make three smaller frames! This is so versatile for spotlighting smaller images like the butterfly in this set or creating a long scene on your cards, whether you choose a portrait or landscape orientation. This faux postage technique is so versatile for both masculine and shabby chic or vintage designs! Please enjoy! I hope you will subscribe to my channel so you never miss a video, new techniques and stamp sets featured every week!


Note: Oops! I apologize for forgetting to add the drop shadow at the end during the video, I only noticed after photographing the samples something was missing! Please refer to my photo above and just trace the underside of the butterflies and postage border with a gray marker or pencil. You can also a little pop to the black stamped sentiments outlining the left side of each letter with the white gel pen. :)

Supplies:
Gina K. Designs Stately Flowers 11 stamp set
Gina K. Pure Luxury White (3 1/8” 5 ½”) and Kraft (4 ¼” x 11”, scored at 5 ½”) cardstock
Gina K. Kraft and Memento Tuxedo Black ink pads
Spectrum Noir markers: OR1, OR2, GT3, BT5, DR1, DR5, BG4
White gel pen, adhesive, Gina K. 3” x 4” block

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards! You are so clever!
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI i really liked the way you have used different techniques in the video. I will love to try these, waiting for more updates. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)