Monday, January 15, 2018

January New Release Blog Hop- Day 1

Hello, everyone! Welcome to our first day of hops with the design team for our January release stamp sets! Today we are featuring sets from me and Beth Silaika!  Be sure to comment on each of the blogs as you hop because we will be going away THREE $25 gift certificates to Gina K. Designs, one gift certificate each day!  Comment for more chances to win! Check StampTV Big News Forum a few days after the hops conclude where the winners will be announced. Here we go!

First up we have my Stately Flowers 12 set! (We are almost to the end of the series!)  It has been such an awesome journey, and I love the elements I've been able to add in addition to the flowers that will work with all the previous sets as well as being really versatile for other projects, like the mini calendar this month! It's sized with A2 cards in mind, and fits so many different orientations, die cuts and frame stamp images.
This is the first card I made when my set arrived!  (Shout if you love purple!)  These violets are so fun to color.  After stamping and coloring them with Spectrum Noir markers on Gina K. Pure Luxury White cardstock, I used two die from the set, popping up the center on my card. I offset it just the tiniest bit to let more of the Lovely Lavender mat show through like a drop shadow, it looks so gorgeous in real life! I stamped the calendar underneath in Black Onyx, then stamped the violet again in Wild Lilac along the sides to create fancy borders, and then tapped my darkest purple marker several times to create the speckles you see on the die cuts and mat.


Also sharing a sample with the lilac image (I used the lilac in last week's video).  No calendar here, but I thought using the days of the week as a border, as a decorative element or to define masked off areas that you stamp, would be really cool with the different "every day" greetings in this set. I stamped the lilacs several times, colored, and instead of sponging, used two different green Spectrum Noir markers to color the background. (Maybe a little fussier in some regards than sponging, but not as fussy as masking all those lilacs, imho!) You can blend the center area where the two greens meet with tip to tip coloring. :)  Card base is GKD Black Onyx.

I also wanted to show a few samples uncolored! I love the detail in all these flowers and how elegant they look stamped monochromatically or embossed.  Here I used GKD Pure Luxury and stamped the violet twice in GKD Moonlit Fog. Butterfly is stamped, cut out and popped up and coordinating strip under popped up mat is GKD Black Onyx. This thank you design could work just as easily be a sympathy card (Praying for you...) or birthday or wedding card (There is something to celebrate...) or anniversary (I think of you...) Yep, I'll be putting this layout in heavy rotation for when I need a quick CAS card!

Here I stamped the mayflower in Sweet Corn, Innocent Pink, Grass Green, and Turquoise Sea. Don't these classic images look so fresh and modern in bright colors paired with a graphic black and white chevron print? (GKD Bold and Blooming. I cut two thin strips for top and bottom so I wasn't wasting that gorgeous pattern under my stamped mat!)  Sentiment and hearts (both stamped in GKD Black Onyx) are from the new incentive set You Get Me", which is free for a limited time with every purchase of $75 or more. (You need this set, we'll be showing more inspiration for it in our hops the next few days and featuring it Wednesday!) Card base is the coordinating GKD Pure Luxury Turquoise Sea.  
This card makes me so happy (and ready for Spring!)
Image may contain: text
Stately Flowers 12
So many ideas and videos to come for this set! And I know our team will dazzle with it, too!

Next up, we have the adorable Emmy and Riley Flamingos by Beth Silaika. Love these feathered friends!  Here are two samples I made  one balancing and the other snuggling! So nice for Valentines, kids cards, sports themed, and just fun and friendship.
I used the tiny heart outline to create a border on the GKD Red Velvet card base.  Gina's Crystalline Drops make the hearts look like puffy stickers! Aren't these two darling?


This one I showed at the party. I covered their bills and hearts with Gina's new Crystalline Drops again for shine and dimension, great detail on these birds!  Chevron patterned paper from Gina's "Bold and Blooming" pack again, because I always love black and white with pink!  (When editing my photo I questioned whether it would have been better to point the chevron *up* to emphasize the spirit and visual of "stand tall", but the reason I turned it downward while creating was to use the "v" to make a little heart embellishment. Sticking with it!) Since the patterned paper is 6 inches square, I had a trimmed piece I was able to color a little heart over the striping with a pink alcohol marker, and then cut it out to line up  and pop up over the patterned strip with foam.  I love it!

Emmy and Riley Flamingos

Now please enjoy more inspiration from our creative team for both these sets!

Melanie Muenchinger- Illustrator of Stately Flowers 12 - you are here!
Beth Silaika- Illustrator of Emmy and Riley Flamingos
Cathy Tidwell
Donna Idlet
Gina K.
Karen Hightower
Laurie Schmidlin
Lisa Hetrick
Rema Deleeuw
Sheri Gilson
Susie Moore
Theresa Momber
Guest Designer Sean Fetterman

Thanks for stopping by!  Check back tomorrow as we hop with new sets from Theresa, Claire and Lisa!

99 comments:

  1. Omg the baby flamingos is so cute your cards are beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK I'm SHOUTING 'cuz I love purple and I LOVE this set. Mine arrived yesterday morning - couldn't believe on a holiday weekend Sunday, and I've been playing. The calendar feature is awesome. I had some scraps on my desk that work perfectly for it, so I stamped a few January calendars. I'm looking forward to making my own desk calendar. I love how you used the days of the week as a border - that is an awesome way to let someone know you think about them every day. Thanks for the wonderful inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What Fantastic samples, and I love your Die cut on the first one! ;) WoW Melanie! Each one is Gorgeous! <3 And those sweet little flamingos are the cutest! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards! Love the purple! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore the card with the flamingos standing on top of one another!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your cards! I have to say I love both the flowers and flamingos but you have given me inspiration to use the violets in cards for my teacher sorority! So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a great variety of cards. 4 lovely ideas for flowers and 2 cute flamingo cards.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just not possible to see those pink ones and not smile. Your use of your stamp set is so inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your use of the calendar days strip in the "thinking of you..." card. I see that this set is a "must have" as Gina would say--I agree! Thank you for such beautiful inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I’m really loving the purples. That is becoming my favorite color. Your cards are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the stately flowers set. So beautiful in just black and white as well as in color.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love your work. So inspiring. This is a must have to add to my Stately Flowers collection.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty floral creations and cute flamingo cards.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful mix of cute and pretty cards! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are so talented and your cards prove that. Thank you for all your talent and especially for sharing it with us all. Love the cards.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love, did I say LOVE the purple!!! Beautiful cards. Love the idea of using the days of the week for a border. Great idea using monochromatic for sympathy. Then the flamingo cards are so cute! Love the ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love all the cards - but the stand tall one is so adorable! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! Some amazing cards!! Those flamingos are adorable...such a fun set!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! You do such beautiful work. Just love all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I LOVE all of your cards! Especially the first two purple ones! And the flamingos are so darn cute!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful cards! I love them all, but especially like the second one.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful cards! Always full of creativity and inspiration! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful assortment of cards Melanie!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful cards with these two lovely stamp sets. I was glad I watched how you did the calendar. I was wondering how you could align the numbers up so well but then watching the video you had on an earlier post really made me understand it better.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh my goodness ! How beautiful is your stamp set ! You made a wonderful design job !
    [margessw(at)icloud(dot)com]

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful flower cards and adorable flamingo cards.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I am SHOUTING, Love all your cards but the first one you showed just jumped out at me! I LOVE PURPLE!! Thanks so much for sharing all the beautiful cards along with the tips and tricks to get me started.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Fantastic set, fantastic cards and that purple one is amazing. I love purple in any shade and wear it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Well, ALL of yours are favorites of mine! LOL! I totally love how you did the outline stamped 4 times like that especially! This set is another hit in the Stately Flowers series!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Great Stamps and designs - Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  31. Yes for sure. This is my shout out for purple. Oh man these cards are so beautiful! I love anything purple and this card totally rocks.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love you Stately Flowers 12, It make pretty projects. But Ican't but now I am broke.

    ReplyDelete
  33. The flower stamps are beautiful. The cards are wonderful and that little flamingo is the cutest.

    ReplyDelete
  34. I adore those flamingoes! Love all your cards today!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love the stately flowers stamp set. Can’t wait for mine to arrive

    ReplyDelete
  36. The flamingoes are so cute. Thanks for sharing your talent with us.

    ReplyDelete
  37. These are gorgeous cards and your designs are very clever with so many different uses.

    ReplyDelete
  38. wow what an incredible number of beautiful cartoons - love them all!!

    ReplyDelete
  39. All these cards are wonderful. I love the elegance of the black and white, and the fun, colorful flamingos.

    ReplyDelete
  40. I ordered both of these sets and now am even more anxiously watching my mail box - your samples are extra cute!

    ReplyDelete
  41. What fun examples. I really like your flowers as a light, but colorful background.

    ReplyDelete
  42. YES (that's me shouting- I love me some purple!)! Your cards are wonderful - thanks for sharing !

    ReplyDelete
  43. Your cards are all so beautiful and I especially like the one with the flower outline stampled in all the differenct colors. Thanks for sharing. GlendaJ

    ReplyDelete
  44. The stately flowers and beautiful and elegant but those little fla,ingots just steal my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  45. YES, I love purple! I also love your stamp set as well as every card you made to showcase those lovely flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Absolutely love the flamingos and I love purple! So inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Love your new stamp set, only wish there were numbers to ad the year!

    ReplyDelete
  48. Fabulous cards! I really like the multi-color mayflower card and those flamingoes are just so darn cute!

    ReplyDelete
  49. Oh, gosh, Melanie, what great, versatile ideas. I couldn't swing this set this time, but have it on my wish list for my next order. I just love the black and white card and thought that was my favorite, but I especially like the four colors of stamping without coloring in. Can't wait to make calendars for Christmas gifts next year!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  50. These are both great sets and your cards are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  51. You always amaze me and love your flower collection even though I normally very daunted by them. The flamingo cards really made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  52. Great cards as always. Love the purple-my favorite color. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  53. Beautiful cards for another amazing stamp set, Melanie! Your flamingo cards are adorable too!

    ReplyDelete
  54. Oh I do love your cards, but those first two are my favorites! LOVE them!! I can't wait till my order gets here, just HAD to get your new set, and the kit, cause it's just totally cool...LOVE seeing what you do with it too! That little calendar is so perfect, just what I've been wanting!!

    ReplyDelete
  55. Beautiful cards. Love the flamingo. So cute. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  56. Love the stamp sets and can't wait for them to arrive. They look amazing coloured or not coloured.

    ReplyDelete
  57. I'm in love with your stately flowers sets and your frame sets. Those flamingos are so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  58. I am so excited about this set. It's more beautiful than I could imagine. Thank you so much for doing this now. I've asked Gina several times when would you get to the states of Rhode Island and Mass., they states from my childhood! Your colors and cards are awesome. Thank you so much for this, I will have to order as soon as I can. I'll be called when the collection is done as well so I will have them all, but I'm Beyound excited I don't know how to tell you. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  59. I really love all of your stamp sets and have purchased several recently. I bought your new set as soon as I viewed the release party. I didn't want to have to wait until they restocked when they sold out! I missed getting the Christmas kit and have been kicking myself for waiting too long! lol! Thanks so much for sharing your talent!

    ReplyDelete
  60. Truly inspired by the sentiments used on the colanders. So fitting to send to loved ones who live so far away.

    ReplyDelete
  61. Love the stamp sets and your cards are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  62. Your cards are all so wonderful! I love the floral designs that you created. So useful and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  63. Love the coloring on the flowers! Violets are my very favorite flowers, but all purple flowers are pretty much at the top of my list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  64. Thanks for sharing all those pretty products with your talent!

    ReplyDelete
  65. Fantastic cards! Love how detailed the flowers are!

    ReplyDelete
  66. Love your flowers ALWAYS! but those flamingos are pretty darn cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  67. Beautiful stamp and fabulous card designs! And who doesn't love purple!!!!! Gorgeous cards.

    ReplyDelete
  68. Your cards are always beautiful - you inspire me. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  69. I really love that big, bold you are loved card. Your other cards are beautiful, also. I don't think I could pick a favorite. Makes me want all of stamp sets!

    ReplyDelete
  70. oh my such beautiful cards, I love the card wehre you stamped the flowers in 4 different colors in each corner and those flamingos - very cute. thanks for sharing your creativity
    Barb Housner

    ReplyDelete
  71. These cards are amazing. Thanks for all the ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  72. Melanie, gorgeous,cute,fun and inspirational! Always love your designs.

    ReplyDelete
  73. Your cards are delightful!!! Love this blog hop for all the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  74. Beautiful cards. Thanks so much for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  75. Melanie, the stately flowers 12 stamp set is beautiful and elegant, thanks for creating such a beautiful set. Your flamingos are beautiful also, love what you created.

    ReplyDelete
  76. I love your beautiful Stately Flowers sets, including this one! Hoping there might be an upcoming set with the rest of the months (starting on the other days of the week) for a complete calendar. : )
    How adorable are those stacked flamingos?!!

    ReplyDelete
  77. Stately Flowers 12 is such a beautiful stamp set. I love your projects and how different they are. You always have so many ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  78. Oh your flamingo card is too cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  79. Love what you've done with these sets!

    ReplyDelete
  80. gorgeous cards - the flowers are lovely and the flamingos are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  81. Inspired by your calendar, flamingos are cute!

    ReplyDelete
  82. WOW.....I love all these cards! Great sets.... I must buy!

    ReplyDelete
  83. Nice cards! I love the ones with the black and white card with a touch of color. It is sooo nice. The flamingos are so cute. Will have to get them for my niece! She is putting on a bachelorette party with the flamingo theme. She will love them.

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)