Monday, December 8, 2014

Video: Faux Stitched Frame Part 2 and Omission Technique

Hello! I hope you had a great weekend. I am enjoying the Christmas season so much I am about to burst!*
 
In today’s video, I'll show you how to create a very different faux stitched look from my previous video with the Fabulous Frame when you thump your marker on the diagonal! I also omit the belly band and oval in the frame to give you ideas for how you can customize the frame further with other stamp images. On this sample, I use the magnolia from my Stately Flowers 3 set, accented with some simple Spectrum Noir marker coloring. Please enjoy!

 Fabulous Frame
 Stately Flowers 3 


Supplies: 
Gina K. Designs Fabulous Frame, Stately Flowers 3 
Gina K. Pure Luxury Little Boy Blue and White cardstock 
Gina K. Dark Chocolate ink pad 
Spectrum Noir markers: IG2, CG1, EB3, brown brush tip marker (I used Tim Holtz Vintage Photo) 
Optional: Spellbinders Petite Labels dies, die cutting machine, foam squares, adhesive pearls

*I have bought all my Christmas gifts already, shipped most and have mailed out 95% of my cards! It's unusual for me to be so ahead, and feels great.  We had a wonderful Christmas worship service last night at The Quarries Church that will have me singing all week long! We put up our tree yesterday (rest of the decor went up after Thanksgiving) and we baked some adorable Ninjabreadmen last night, only $5 for the mix, decor and cookie cutters at Five Below! (The only have the Walking GingerDead kit pictured online, but we got the ninjas, I promise!)

1 comment:

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)