Saturday, May 24, 2008

Mix it Up!

Honestly, I like to leave the mixology to others LOL! But when I saw Rupa's adorable little blender in "Many Happy Re-turns", I knew it was time to shake things up!


Start by stamping your blender(here on a Nestabilites rectangle), then cut out just the "glass" part. (I considered doing the handle too, but then decided, "no way!" Plus you would have seen the foam under my shaker window (not good) and I didn't want beads sliding out of my blender and into the handle!)
Now stamp your blender on a piece of acetate, and adhere to the back of your cut out, just like paper piecing.


Now you need to add a row of dimensionals of foam tape all around the blender area to hold your beads. Leave the paper backign on for now so your beads won't stick when you pour them in!Add beads. I used some light and dark green bugles beads (that matched my paper and the new rain dot eyelets I planned to embellish my card) , along with a few little clear microbead "ice chips!" Remove the paper backing on your dimensionals and press another piece of cardstock to fully cover the dimensionals and keep your beads inside. Then attach it to your card.
I colored my blender and went over the buttons, top, and plug with my Sakura glaze pen to add some shine and dimension. Then I went crazy with the Raindots eyelets! I found that punching a hole first with your Cropodile or other punch and then adding the eyelet REALLY makes it look like a real eyelet, even more so than just sticking it on the paper(although that's cute/fun, too!)
Because I couldn't stop there, I thought it would be fun to accent the corners of my mat and the glitter swirls on my DCVW paper with some of the dots and eyelets, too. (refer to top pic to see how I did the corners on the finished card) As you can see, even though they are called "eyelets", the sheet gives you little "brads", too, and I loved that that you get several sizes and shades of the color on the same sheet, gives you so many options. Now I NEED them in every color!

Last I added the ribbon and "little" together tag, and adhered the focal point a little askew, more of a "party vibe", heh heh!

I created this card with a terrific couple in mind who just got married (and, um likes to make drinks!) Margaritas are very popular here in Texas, so that's what I was going for with my green drink (although I always order my margaritas mango, though, or when I can get it, watermelon! (Manuel's signature drink, sooo tasty and refreshing!)

Hope everyone is enjoying a very relaxing, long holiday weekend! Hey, I read in the forums today that ONE golden ticket has been found so far(not the $100 prize ticket, though, that one is still out there somewhere, maybe waiting for YOU!:)

15 comments:

  1. Wow, it's fun to see all the work that went into this, it's awesome!! No golden ticket for me!! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow gorgeous work I love it.

    Oh its exciting waiting to see who got the golden ticket

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWESOME!!!! I LOVE the color, it's so striking!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so super cute Melanie!! What an awesome shaker card!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just got home from dinner and having had a nice cold margarita......on the rocks WITH salt and green olives...this card is perfect to see. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are just full of the cutest ideas! This is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE that step by step tutorial for this blender card......it's an AMAZING card which I'd love to CASE!! But my order didn't get here today!!!!!!!!! Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!!! Now it won't get here until Tuesday!!! (Wanna guess what I'll be doing Tuesday night???!!!!!) LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. UH MUH GOODNESS! How fantastic! Just super-duper..seriously. I want to play with that stamp set now. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea and fun card! Thank you again for the stamps, I posted a card I created on my blog...Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cool card Melanie! I have never tried a shaker card yet...that's something to add tomy list of to-do!
    Have a great week-end! :-) Darn, no mail on Monday, I have to wait longer for my stamps! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a fun card...love the bright colors. Jennie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loved seeing how this went together, very creative!
    I wonder if I'll have a golden ticket when my pkg arrives! fingers crossed!
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, wow, wow! You work just truly amazes me.

    ReplyDelete
  14. oooh, love the margarita blender - I love a melon one (green too) haven't seen that DCWV paper yet! gasp

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)