Saturday, May 17, 2008

Sneak Peek #1: Just My Type!


There are so many fun images (gadgets for girls!) and greetings in Rupa's new set to work with, and NONE that I already had!!(with the exception of "happy birthday" and "thanks") so I'm very excited about all the new design possibilities "Many Happy Re-turns"gives me! As you may have guessed, I really like to type (and you bloggers probably do, too!) So the first image I inked up was the typewriter. It includes lots of other fun typing greetings of course, but I decided to make this one a birthday card since you can never have enough birthday cards on hand. I pulled out the Sahara Sand, black and white to make it a card I can send to anybody (and these neutral colors just make me think of paper, books, newsprint etc). I used this week's sketch challenge from SCS and changed up the greeting part a bit by making some of my own typewriter keys to spell out "TO YOU" using the white gel pen and the SU! 1/4 inch square punch, then adhered them with my quickie glue pen. I used the Sakura Glaze pen on the keyboard and colored everything with my Aquapainter and ink pads then framed it up with my Rectangle Nestabilities and mounted the top panel on dimensionals. For the repeated "happy birthday", I thought it would be fun to stamp off the greeting again and make it a little smudged to simulate the inky ribbon of a typewriter(which also inspired the black stitched real ribbon!) Then I tied it all together by a few hits of my trusty SU! Itty Bitty Background splatter stamp. I love how it turned out, kind of modern/urban.
Edited to add: Forgot to say I stamped the typewiter again and cut out just the sheet of paper and adhered it with a line of glue at the bottom from ym quickie glue pen and a dimensional under the middle of the pper, left the top unattached. Then I pressed it down to make it curl over the dimensional it looks like it's rolling out of the typewriter.

I also have a fun shaker with a tutorial for this set, but I'm saving that for another day! (I also used a new Gina K Bling & Dazzle option you will love that will be available next week, I like this stuff so much, I had to hold myself back from using all of it on the one card! Don't think I will be able to hoard this product, it's going to go quickly! wait til you see:)

Okay , another peek tomorrow, of MY! set! eek, can't decide which card to post!! AND, later in the day, this months' top contest entries for you to vote on, so please check back!
Oh! and off the chance you check my blog before Gina K's each day, go see what's new over there alogn with links to more peeks from our dynamic design team!

15 comments:

  1. I'm so lovin' the retro set...what an adorable card!!! Can't wait to order it and will be back tomorrow to see check out your set - how exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok...this is not one of cards you teased us with in the previous post! I love this cardstock with this image...great card, Melanie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just looked again, maybe it is the beige one? Oh man...you just need to turn them all around and I could figure it out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can you spell T-E-R-R-I-F-I-C! That's what this card is, wow! What a great idea for this cool typewriter to be used on a birthday card! Love it! Can't wait to see more tomorrow, hehe...I have a feeling it's going to make us all flip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh.......cuteness! I love how you "typed" the To You!! And the stamping of the sentiment is just perfect for this!! Very Urban Retro!!! Can't wait to see the next sneeeeek peeeek!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful Melanie! I love what you did with this image and the card and the "messy ink"! I can't wait for more, SO EXCITED!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. great job on this "oldie but goodie" card. The messy ink splatters and smudges really take me back a few years! Love the colors too, TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is great, you definitely acheived the look you were going for with the typed Happy Birthday!
    I'm so excited to see all the new sets, specially yours, can't wait!
    laurie

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so cute. I love the way the happy birthday fades!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so hip. I love the way you let the "happy birthday" fade up. How creative! Can't wait to see what else you've got cookin'! Of course, can't wait to see what you do with YOUR set!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. great card!! can't wait for the rest of the sneek peeks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh what a fun set! Ahh! Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks like a cool set, and I love how you've showcased the typewriter!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. sooo cool yes working backwards through my feedblitz blogs since I was out of town.

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)