Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Hey Girl

Quick post my house was such a wreck today, I had to break down and clean it before I could get any stamping in! (Ugh, I hate when that happens!) I made a few other fun things using the plastic canvas piercing templates I'm excited to share, but this is the only one I completed so far.

It was a snap to go all the way around the border the Pretty in Pink mat with my white gel pen with my rectangular template I cut, I didn't have to move it once, love it! Then I used my circle template and pierced the three circles in different sizes at random. I slid my 1 3/8 " punch into the medium circle so the Regal Rose would show through, so I could spotlight my "birthday girl" greeting made from the Hip Hop and Just So Hippy sets. I chose a circle Nestabilitie slightly smaller than the largest pierced circle for my giraffe image, which I colored with Copics R20 and E13 to match the ribbon(it's called The Robert Stanley Collection in the floral department at Hobby Lobby, on sale 1.50 for 10 yards!) Since I had such warm pink and brown tones on this card, I used my Skin White E00 Copic for the shadow rather than choosing a grey or blue shade. Finally, I used my half inch circle punch and page pebbles to accent the butterfly and the "hey" greeting from Just So Hippy.
That's it! you like?? I HEART my new piercing templates!!! more to come!

15 comments:

  1. I love that card .. that would be perfect to come in my mail for Friday as it is my birthday on Friday! I love the sketch and the techniques and the stamps - heck, I love it all! Great job, Mel!

    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LIKE, I LIKE... You are such an enabler that I went to Michaels and bought a circle and a square template, so I can try it myself. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope by the time I can get to Michael's, they still have some!!! Thanks so much for the great tip! This card is so cute~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh........just LOOK at her go with that new piercing template!!! What a sweet, sweet adorable card!!! I'm in a no-buying challenge for May........how am I gonna survive not getting the new releases and these piercing templates??? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are cracking me up! This is why we talk to other stampers- they're the only ones who "GET" the crazy excitement!
    I love your card- it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look at you using your new paper piercing tool! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Off to get me some of those TODAY!!! Cute card. Plan on casing is for a grandparent announcement. Will be sure and give credit to your genius.

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable; love everything about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE this card, the colors and design are awesome! So sweet!♥ :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is just too cute!! love the brad!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so awesome!! Guess what... I bought the last of Jody's ribbon, and she sent me my very own piercing templates!! Doesn't that rock!!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)