Thursday, April 10, 2008

SUPERfriend!! (Let her rip, let her FLY!) Tutorial



(Remember "Superfriends"??) Let your mom, sister, daughter, friend, hairdresser, grandma, babysitter, aunt, boss etc know what am amazing woman she really is with the Kindred Spirits! This card uses just one of the superheroes you'll have to choose from in Gina K's newest release! And there are all sorts of greetings in the "Kindred Greetings for Her" set to customize your supergal, of course! I think there are about couple hundred people out there who I need to send cards like these right about now! :)


Now this superwoman's gotta fly, doesn't she?! So give her a spin using your Coluzzle!(I am such an enabler for this thing!!) Stamp her first on your CS, then lay your circle template over it so her image overlaps the circle's edge. Cut through tracks with your Coluzzle knife, skipping her body, then trim around her outline with your paper snips. Poke a hole through the middle of your cut out circle and the layer behind it with your piercing tool, put a brad through, and it turns! Put adhesive just around the edges of the back of the DP mat to adhere it to the base (to give the brad room to move in the middle.) The scallop punched and circle layered greeting is mounted on a dimensional just outside your spinning circle so it stays in place. You could stamp the white space or put it all on a colored piece of CS or DP instead, I left it blank 'cause it reminds me of a big full moon. :) This was really pretty quick to make, I just LOVE INTERACTIVE CARDS, don't you???


So what do you think? Are you ready to get them all?! Go check them all out here, now available to purchase! And many more samples to come!

10 comments:

  1. Okay seriously...this is way too cool! Love this idea! I'm off to shop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is just tooooo cool!!! Love that spinner thingymabob. Sorry....I make my own tech words up!!! LOL So NOW I need a Coluzzle??? Will the enabling ever stop??? LOL I ordered 3 of these Kindred Spirits and the sentiments to start my collection and can't wait to start playing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. soo cool mel...I love the flying super girl! Wonderful way to showcase that stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is seriously cool!!! Love your spinner card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol! This is a cute flying card, Melanie! Thanks for the spinner idea. And I do like all versions of your 'Your the Best' card - from the simplest to the most decorated. It's great to check in and see such 'enabling' work!

    Glad you had a wonderful day at the Spahhhh too :-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. omgosh, how totally awesome! I love her a'spinnin!!! My coluzzle was like, the second tool I ever bought (after a trimmer) so I'll be makin' my own super-spinners very soon! TFS your creativity...you know that you're one of the *Super* women in my world, right?..Well ya are! hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  7. totally cute ok that supergirl is on my list of must haves now

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cool, Melanie! I'm going to have to try one of these!!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)