Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Bottle it UP!

Here's something a little different! These "altoid" label borders look fantastic when used "vertically" and their unique proportions and rounded corners work so well for cards and packaging. I wrapped this around an empty Prima bottle and the greetings stacked this way makes for easy viewing/reading from the front (rather than wrapping around too far either way, KWIM?)

I stamped this one on a waterproof label from Gina K's store(I used the rectangle labels, which still left a little bit more to work with after I cut this out. If you have circle punches already, the rectangle sheets will be a little more versatile for you since they are bigger and you can make different shapes) I still can't believe their waterproof!(but they are! it's magic!!) First I inked up my bold label from "What's in Your Tin? 1" in SU! Lavender Lace Classic ink and stamped off once. Then I kissed the inked up irises from "Spring Blooms"(free set with purchase of 3!) onto the bold stamp, and then stamped the bold stamp onto my waterproof label. The result is so subtle and elegant I think! To make the label look even more custom, I inked up my most delicate border from "What's in Your Tin? 2" in black and used a stampamajig to align it over the first. Doesn't that outline look so professional? I love how the borders from these sets can work together this way.

To finish it I used Gina K's trick of cutting up my "Get Well Soon!" label into three parts so I can stack them or easily stick them all back together in puzzle fashion when I want to stamp my greeting "landscape" style (long ways) The trick is not to do any trimming after you've cut it into three pieces otherwise they won't "fit". In the pic here the "get" looks like it is still attached to the "soon", but it's not! That's how seamlessly they go back together when you stick them on the block. (But if you trim them apart, just be careful not to lose any parts of the sentiment!!)
The tag I made by stamping some more of the irises onto white CS and punching with the 1/ 14" circle and layered on a black 1 3/8" punched circle. The "for you" is actually part of "Especially For you" from from my What's in Your tin? 2 set! Did you notice it matches the font in the Spring Blooms set AND Framed Flowers by Carolyn King?? (even MORE combinations you can make with all the greetings "Especially For You Mom"... too cool!) I made a little hole and threaded through this fun frilly ribbon on sale from Hobby Lobby and tied around the neck.

Last I filled the bottle with some lavender aromatherapy bath. And now your gift is ready! Perfect for someone who needs a little pampering. Relaxing with this fragrance is one of the most calming things I know. If I don't come across anyone who's sick very soon, I am keeping it for myself, I definitely could use some physical/mental/emotional healing!!
Another bold label tip/trick tomorrow!

11 comments:

  1. This is fabulous! Love the vertical label!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a great idea...oh am I going to have fun with this set!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your tips for making these stamps work vertically. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this idea! Great to be back to the blogging community!
    Hugs, Barb

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet and charming gift idea!!! Love the tip on cutting up the greetings to make them more versatile!! Oh......I ordered BOTH of these sets and they should be here soooooooooooon!!! I can't wait to get started!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a great idea with the bottle label, Melanie! Thanks for explaining how you did it so well. I love your new ideas :-D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh....I love this one, Melanie!! I may have to use this idea real soon! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful project Melanie, very elegant looking!! And you should definitely use it for yourself - you deserve a nice long soak! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute, one more reason why I need it!
    Hugs,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I loved this sneak peek at the realease party an it's even better with all the great deets on how you made it! Ah, lavendar, very neat! I thought it was wierd colored honey at first---i'm such a dork!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Genious! Wow. You're so stinkin' smart!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)