Monday, March 24, 2008

Say It With Flowers...

Okay, here's an under 10 minute, single-layered card! I made a classic panelled card using PT Stampers Select White CS and my largest Nestabilities rectangle to emboss the middle. Next I stamped my HUGE greeting from "What's In Your Tin?" 2 in the middle in Palette Noir ink. Doesn't it just fill that space perfectly? I masked the bottom and sides of the interior panel with posts its, then stamped Carolyn's grass in Certainly Celery(my fave green ink, tied with Old Olive) along the bottom. I used the large paper flowers from Gina's bling promo this month (spend $100 or more in her store on one order, get a free tin of assorted embellishments!) and the mega rhinestone brads for the centers. An odd number of embellishments makes a very pleasing layout. The flowers are attached with dimensionals, which I placed on and outside the panel. I used my SU! Certainly Celery marker to draw in the stems, and inked up and stamped the individual leaf from the same set to fill out my layout.



Have I mentioned I LOVE single layer cards???

Thanks for stopping by! Upcoming: posts, a new contest, blog candy, more tutorials, and a tag!!

18 comments:

  1. You do single layer cards that make 3 and 4 layer cards look pitiful! I love that card and I will have to have a go at a single layer design very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for doing a simple sample. I don't have a lot of extra time to develop multi-layered cards, especially working full-time. Please continue doing more for those of us who love to stamp, but just can't spend hours on one card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great-looking card! Those brads are so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow..what a beatiful one layer card---a beautful card period!

    Awesome mel!

    ReplyDelete
  5. his is absolutely freakin gorgeous!! Yes, I love single layer cards too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. SUPER cute card! Love the big brads.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!! I'm tellin' ya that single layer card sure doesn't look it!!! It's gorgeous!!! I haven't used my "grass" stamp yet.......but I've already opened those large rhinestone brads! I mean, really.......it IS bling!!! LOL The sentiment really adds so much being the focal point here.....fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice!!! Sometimes a single layer is the perfect way to go...

    ReplyDelete
  9. very nice. simple fast and beautiful LOVE IT. the brads are awesome

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's beautiful Melanie! Simple but so elegant! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that big sentiment and the primas!! So simple and pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love this card, the great idea of 3D flowers, and single layer. I'd love to learn more ideas for single layer cards because this one is sooo smart!
    I'm wondering about the type of white paper you mentioned stamping it on?? tfs :) bluemoonbynite at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this card...very simple yet Wow! Such a great use of the flowers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this card ! Simple and elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh I just LOVE LOVE LOVE this! Love the Nestie rectangle, the grass. . .everything! It's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the look of the single layer cards, but haven't really tried many, This is sooo pretty, I am inspired to try again!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love love love love love this. Really I do.

    Just really gorgeous! Super job my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I LOVE single layer cards, and yours is so beautiful! I love the colors and embossing!!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)