Sunday, March 9, 2008

What Do You Treasure? PEEK #2

Treasure: this means different things to different people. To some, it is money. To moms, it might be locks of hair or pictures of babies. To significant others, maybe ticket stubs, a pressed flower, love notes. To children, perhaps things found on a walk. Tonight's project uses one of my favorite, and I believe most versatile, "kit titles" in the "What's in Your Tin? 1" set: "Tiny Treasures". The possibilities for the contents you or the recipient choose are endless. First a simple one, to store "baby things", a hospital bracelet, hair from his first "cut", etc. Stamped the border and words on this DP(source unknown) and added a little safety pin and ribbon. Very sweet, and VERY simple.
The next "treasure" chest I am making for my DH, come back to see all the pics I select (sorry I'm so behind! lol!) it holds a a mini accordion which will have pictures of our family. The border labels from this set are perfect for framing up your pics, as well as stamping ON your pics to give a custom frame which will fit on your ready made mat! The top uses a BOLD stamp, again another of my favorites. See how it has that negative border? Looks so sharp! (and has lots of uses beyond what I share tonight)!!

To give it some texture here I kissed the bold stamp onto my SU! Paisley(which was inked in Creamy Caramel Classic),

and added a flourish from Baroque Motifs in Chocolate Chip, also rolling the edge in this same ink , before huffing and stamping. Isn't that pattern gorgeous? I added the "Tiny Treasure" in Chocolate Chip last. ( I accidentally got a little smudge from my finger on it, so I used my SU! "boo boo stamp" from Itty Bitty Backgrounds to speckle it, which gave it an old worn look, very charming. thank goodness! love that boo boo stamp!)



Last I took an 11 inch long piece of CS, stamped my border all the way down and scored between the frames. I'll trim up the photos in the same shape once I pick them out, and may do some journaling on every other label.


To round the edges, fold up and insert two layers into your corner rounder(SU!'s corner rounder goes through both layers with ease, others, I can't say for sure...)




What do you think??? Please check back to see the finished project with some of my most "treasured" pics! Less than 24 hours til the release!! Please come to release party in The SCS Gina K forum tomorrow 7-9 CST to dish about the new stamps before the big reveal at 9PM! I will be announcing both my contest winner AND blog candy winner during the party here on my blog, so be ready to hop over!! :)

23 comments:

  1. Yipee...more fantastic projects, Melanie!!! Awesome, girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so amazed at the things you come up with! How do you do it Melanie?! You are so blessed:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. fantasic! love these tins. I bet Paul will adore his pics of y'all in his masculine tin

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm lovin' it! I'm thinkin' these stamps are going to be hard to resist. Can't wait for the party.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Again Melanie you over did yourself. I love those altered tins, I think I have some laying around, might have to try them.

    Thanks for the push with Jeremy's fundraiser.. he raised so far $1200.

    You Rock

    Wendi K

    ReplyDelete
  6. How FAB-U-LOUS!! Oh I'm seeing so many possibilities!!! Keep 'em comin'........we're all watching you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous idea! Pictures are definitely some of my most treasured possessions.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely love these tins. You are so creative - I don't know how you do it! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous tins Melanie!! And I LOVE how you used the stamp for the inside of your photo album tin too!! Can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh these tins are fabulous!!! I just love what your doing with them, your new stamps are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are gorgeous.. what a great addition to a gift basket for a new addition.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow another wonderful Idea. Can't wait for tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous projects !! Love your work so much !!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very cool! Love the little tins! Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  15. What super ideas - I shouldn't be surprised. You're SO creative! Thanks for always inspiring!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful projects Mel. Cannot wait to see the completed accordian album!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just love all the ideas you are coming up with for these tins. They are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  18. OMG, I LOVE the tins. Adorable projects!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh I just love those, I have some tins waiting to be altered (that size I belive, and even smaller ones :-)) and I think I am going to NEED your stamps! It is so funny cause I bought those months ago to make toothfairy boxes and treasures boxes! It's like you read my thoughts!! (scary!!)
    My daughter is like me when I was a kid, little boxes everywhere with all kind of little random stuff in there, like a stone or a button, LOL! And I wanted to make one for my niece (who is too young to lose teeth yet) to put little treasures as well, so I flipped when I saw the tiny treasures stamp!! :-)
    Can't wait to see the whole set! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  20. These tins look like so much fun!! Can't wait to start playing with your new sets!! I will probably have to buy both tonight.....

    ReplyDelete
  21. AWESOME! Love how you did the kissing and the different images... Great project and great set! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  22. OMG your virtual pet is also meowing and purring!!! So cute, Hehe! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh I bet this is going to be amazing with the pics - can't wait to see it! Imagine only hours to go - woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)