Friday, March 14, 2008

With Sprinkles on Top!

Here's another project using a label and text from the "What's in Your tin? 1" set to create a super easy little candy tin. For this project you need: colored glass beads, sticky strip, a tin, my new stamps, and markers (Sakura Glaze pen optional, but boy, does it make it look yummilicious!)

I colored the different letters on my stamp using SU! bold bright markers (to match the bead assortment), huffed", then stamped. I put some Sakura glaze over each letter and added a few sprinkles to give it a "gumdrop" look. I wrapped my sticky strip all the way around the lid's edge. Then I pressed it into my container of beads until all it the sticky part was completely covered, pressing them in again with my fingers to embed them really well in the adhesive. They will NOT be falling off!
Isn't that fun? (and look good enough to eat??) I LOVE all the elements the beads add to the project: color, shine, texture, whimsy. Looking at the tin makes me think of jellybeans, sundae fixings, and the amazing glass art I saw in Venice all at once! I hadn't known what to really do with these beads before, I've had them for a few years now, but this is a really cool way to dress up the tin. I'll definitely be doing something like this with them again! TIP: This beaded trim and "candy" stamp could also be used to create a fabulous tin for storing "card candy", as well as jewelry ("eye candy")! :)

I can't wait to show you all the other tins I've cooked up with these stamps!! Gotta spread 'em out, though! ;)
See you tomorrow! (I think I need to do another blog candy soon to celebrate 30,000 hits!! what do you think??)

14 comments:

  1. That is yummy! And YES, do another blog candy would be a great way to celebrate 30,000 hits;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oops, I meant "doing" not "do"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is it the Sakura Glaze pen that makes it look kind of puffy? and what does "huffed" mean. Sorry kind of new and still learning. Love the new set!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All I could say when I first saw the photo was............WOW!!!!!!!! Cute.......of course!!! Fantastic in the Bold Brights......yep....you convinced me!! I DO need that Sakura glaze pen now!!! LOL And congrats on your blog count!! Yeah!! More Blog Candy!! But if I win this time I think someone's gonna hit me!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your ideas never cease to amaze me! Very cute! This set is going on the 'must have' list I do believe, lol. Congrats on your hit count, wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. congrats on your blog success with all those hits! This little tin is a perfect gift for pre-teens who love all those beads and bling! Love it, TFS another innovative idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Boy, am I glad that I ordered both of your sets! Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooooh! That looks so cute and yummy! Keep those tips and ideas coming!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Too cute...love beads and it's a great idea how you used them here!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How cute is that? Thanks for all of your great ideas.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is the cutest tin I have ever seen! I just looked at your counter and its over 42,000 hits, you might as well wait a day or 2 and you'll be at 50,000! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That tin is so cute! Thanks for the divider directions. I would never have thought of that on my own. I bought the set last week at Gina's store and came right home to put rubber to paper! Nice job on the new stamps...Keeeeep 'em comin!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG, after seeing this cute cute tin, I think I'm going to have to buy your tin set and then buy some tins!!!! Oh this is SUPER cute! And I have all of those beads!
    How adorable! Such a great idea for kids!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)