Sunday, March 30, 2008

Balloon-o-gram!

Another design I'd been wanting to try for awhile(for any theme really, this is just the first) was to stamp letters on my balloons from Just So Hoppy (or Hippy) to spell out my greeting, how's that for festive?? The letters are done using a clear Inkadinkadoo alpha set I got in one of their value packs from Jo-ann's. Very whimsical font, perfect size to fit on the balloons.

This started out as a single layer card on PT white CS, but I didn't like how I centered it, so I did a little trimming, matted it on top of a DCVW glitter mat(thanks, Donna!) and added the stork from "How Sweet It Is!" , popped up on dimensionals. Gina K donates $7 of every "How Sweet It Is" purchase to diabetes research, and they are such adorable, versatile stamps! And don't these images look like they came from the same set?? How's that for "coordinating!"

I used prismas and OMS to color everything. Last I threaded a ribbon through the punched slit and tied on a little pastel colored safety pin from a pack I found at Big Lots (you'll be seeing lots more of these on my cards!! and maybe getting some in the mail! ;)

The first delivery of cards from the shower should probably be "dropping in" tomorrow! :D Some of you have written and asked when to send or if there is date they have to be mailed by: NOPE! I don't think it is ever to early or too late to send card! I will be doing a special post to share more about this effort, some of your responses, and announce the winner of the candy (which I will pst a pic of soon!) by the end of the week, though, but if you want to send cards and letters/prayers AFTER that, by all means, do, I will keep sending out the addy as long as people keep requesting it! They are ALL greatly appreciated(by everyone but the mail carrier! LOL!)

Love & Blessings,
Melanie

17 comments:

  1. oooh! this came out FABULOUS! I love it with the glitter & the Stork-just PERFECT!! you're just a stamping genius!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES!!! LOVIN' that Coordinating with the sets!!! FANtastic sentiment!! And adorable stork.....I'm always in favor of some glitter!!! The glitter mat papers are amazing!!! Another darling card!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great idea! Love the whole coordination of sets! Super card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this balloon idea. You have such great ideas Melanie. I bought the glitter pack after seeing how nice and fun the paper matches with the hippy and hoppy sets.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is adorable! Great idea using the balloons to carry your message.
    You answered my question as far as sending out the RAK. I will get on top of that ASAP!
    Hugs,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome job with the OMS. I love that technique. I particularly like the way you used it along the balloon threads. I'm gonna have to remember to try that. I usually pierce the paper and thread embroidery floss through it because my hand-drawn "threads" seem bland. I really like the effect of the shading.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is super adorable! Love the stamped balloons! Love the glitter paper...so festive!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a great design! You always make the cutest cards and projects!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another adorable balloon-a-gram! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. melanie, thank you so much for the kind comment about the cps card! made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You always come up with the cutest cards! Sometimes I feel so brain-dead. The balloon-o-gram is so clever. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really like how you have enough balloons for the greeting... great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love all of your cute balloons, Melanie!! Love the glitter too! Sweet card!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a super look with the balloons spelling out the greeting! LOVE LOVE!! Wonderful with Gina's Stork!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
    Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)